Societe Generale SASociete Generale SA
Through this longstanding presence in the UK, Societe Generale has established strong relationships with major companies, investors, business leaders and government entities, which we harness for the benefit of our clients.
The Group's expertise in the UK ranges from corporate and investment banking to private banking services, asset management, global brokerage and clearing services to vehicle and equipment finance.
Our commitment goes beyond just serving our clients. Across all our Group entities in the UK we take our role in the community seriously. Through our corporate social responsibility programme we provide support across areas of high deprivation close to our UK offices, whether this is in the form of school partnerships, employee volunteering, direct and in-kind donations and the matching of staff fundraising.
Headquartered in the City of London, we employ over 3,000 employees across the country and are a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group.
WORKING TOGETHER - BUILDING THE BANK OF TOMORROW
is only possible with the right people - the right team - working together, sharing a common team spirit.
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like 'dedication' and 'hard work' together with 'community' and 'respect' has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
Our diverse and talented workforce is driven by excellence and our clients and customers, whether they are individuals, professionals, businesses or institutional investors, in or outside the UK, want to have an extensive range of services at their fingertips. The size and scope of our business enable us to offer them these services and this is good news for job candidates, because it means we offer a diverse range of career paths
- Name: Ryan Rogowski
- Role: Head of Asset Manager Solutions Group – Global Markets
- Joined: Sept 2009
- University: McGill University, Canada
- Where and what did you study?
- Graduated from McGill University, Canada, 2000
- Have you always wanted to work in Banking?
- Yes but I thought I would end up doing M&A and not in Markets!
- Can you give one piece of advice to a woman considering a career in Banking?
- Same advice that I give anyone. Work hard in school and get as many internships as you can.
- What then led you to apply for Societe Generale?
- SG’s leadership in derivatives
- What does your position entail?
- Working closely with our client base in understanding their needs, investment views and fears. Then, alongside our financial engineering group, developing solutions to meet those needs.
- What kind of opportunities have you had within Societe Generale to get where you are now?
- I’ve had a great platform to leverage from combined with a superb team of colleagues to learn from and work wit
- What is the working environment like at Societe Generale?
- Hard working, focused, but well balanced.
- What has been your main achievement since joining Societe Generale?
- Apart from being part of a Team that has been recognized externally and won multiple awards for being a strong structured products House, one of the great achievements of working here, is the ability to shape careers of those coming into the business. Around 3 years ago I identified a keen Graduate from UCL, who started in my Team and has since gone on to progress successfully within our business.
- What advice would you give to someone looking to apply to Societe Generale?
- Be succinct, positive and ensure that your energy, ambition and rigor are all conveyed in any CV or interview that you may have.