At Renault UK, we’re just as passionate about our careers as we are about our cars. As one of the key automotive organisations in the UK we’re always looking for exceptionally talented professionals with the determination to make a difference.
Training & Profiles
After an initial comprehensive induction process, where amongst other things you’ll follow the progress of a Renault vehicle from design to delivery, you’ll spend your first twelve months gaining exposure to as much of the business as possible. You’ll undertake a series of placements in departments such as Sales, Aftersales, Fleet, Franchising and Marketing to name but a few. You’ll learn a lot on the job but there’ll also be plenty of off-the-job training and career counselling. We’ll work with you to create a bespoke development plan that will help us review your progress and your ongoing training needs after each placement.
At the end of your first year, you’ll take on a junior management position. This could be within our Head Office or a field-based role in one of our UK market areas. Either way, rest assured it won’t be just any old job. It will be specifically chosen to complement your strengths and develop your potential.
What we’re looking for
Initiative, enthusiasm, creativity and the confidence to make bold decisions. These exceptional qualities and our exceptional people help us stay ahead in a highly competitive market. If you can demonstrate these, are fluent in French and also have or are expecting at least a 2:1 degree or equivalent in a business-related discipline, then you could be one of the future leaders of our business. Complete flexibility with regard to location and career direction are essential, as is a full, clean driving licence.
Rewards & benefits
In addition to a competitive salary and company car, we operate a flexible benefits scheme offering extras such as private healthcare, dental cover, retail vouchers and additional holiday entitlement to name but a few. Plus you will receive regular performance reviews so your earnings are very much dependant on your results.
Don’t settle for just a standard career. Aim for the exceptional and visit our website.
- How many graduates are you taking on?
- It varies year on year depending on business need. In 2008 we plan to recruit 6 commercial graduates.
- What is the salary package?
- Your starting salary will be £23,000 plus company car, with the opportunity to join our flexible benefits scheme from April 2009. You will also receive 6 monthly incremental pay rises during the first 24 months (subject to performance). After that, your earning potential is dependent on your results.
- Can nationals from outside the EU apply to the graduate development programme?
- If you are not an EEA or Swiss national you will need a work permit in order to work in the UK. In order for us to support applications for work permits we must prove that the required skills cannot be sourced from those who are eligible to work in the UK. Therefore, if you do not have a work permit but believe you are an exceptional candidate please go ahead and apply.
- Am I too old to apply to the graduate development programme?
- Absolutely not! We have never operated an age restriction on our graduate development programme and welcome applications regardless of your age.
- Do you accept paper applications?
- Paper applications will always be read, but we only accept on-line applications so we can accurately track and record your details.
- What is the structure of the graduate development programme?
- It starts with an eight week induction period – which includes a short placement with a RUK dealership – followed by a minimum of four placements over a 12-month period. This way you’ll experience as many different areas of the business as possible, and will broaden your commercial know-how and knowledge of how Renault UK really works. Once you’ve completed this placement year, we’ll help select your first (and usually second) job role based on the skills you’ve picked up in the placement year.
- What sort of training is offered?
- During the first 12-months you’ll attend courses designed to develop your interpersonal, team building and presentation skills.
- Where will I be based?
- For the first 12-months you’ll be based in Maple Cross, but with a fair amount of travel, there’s then a good chance you’ll relocate to one of our UK market areas.
- What type of role will I move into after 12-months?
- Your first junior management role will be based either in Maple Cross or one of our UK locations (requiring relocation), and is designed to help continue your learning and development. We choose your first (and sometimes second) roles, usually based in a commercial team or aftersales marketing function.
- Can I work abroad?
- The graduate development programme is UK-based, however once your career is more established there'll be opportunities to apply for international positions.
- Will I get to meet the current graduates?
- Yes, there’ll be plenty of opportunities to meet our current crop during the recruitment process and there’s a buddy system in place, so you can ask any niggling questions before you join. You also spend a fair amount of time getting to know the other new starters – both formally and socially – during the induction period.