What do you want?
The chance to help millions of people do more, feel better and live longer? The opportunity to launch a graduate career in a responsive, innovative, global business? An undergraduate placement that will give you the practical experience to complement your studies? A company that’s genuinely committed to your personal and professional growth? Whatever you want, GSK has the answers.
One of the world’s leading healthcare companies, GSK gives its people the chance to answer some of the biggest questions facing everyone on the planet - questions about future healthcare needs.
We discover, develop, manufacture and distribute vaccines, prescription medicines and consumer health products. Based in the UK, with operations in over 100 countries, we produce a huge range of healthcare products from lifesaving prescription medicines and vaccines to popular consumer products like Sensodyne, Aquafresh, Piriton and Panadol. In fact, every year we screen about 65 million compounds, make over four billion packs of medicines and healthcare products, and supply one quarter of the world’s vaccines.
What graduate programmes are available?
We offer a number of two to three-year rotational programmes in a range of disciplines aimed at developing our Future Leaders:
- Engineering underpins practically everything we do and ensures the smooth and rapid transition of newly developed products into full-scale manufacture across our entire portfolio.
- Our Sales & Marketing programmes are all about developing graduates in our commercial businesses to ensure a pipeline of future leaders.
- Procurement graduates will gain a thorough grounding in procurement, including managing projects, negotiating with suppliers, data analysis and market research.
- Finance will give you a solid grounding in financial management and help you to attain CIMA qualification.
- In HR we’re looking for customer driven graduates with a passion for people and their development, along with business understanding.
- Our Communications graduate programme will give you experience across internal, external, global and local communications practices.
- Our IT programme gives a broad understanding into the essential role that technology has to play in our global strategy and aims to turn highly talented graduates into future business leaders.
- Science is all about bringing ideas to life using a variety of processes and the latest technology.
- Health Outcomes focuses on improving peoples’ lives by demonstrating the economic and humanistic value of medicines through in-depth analysis.
- Regulatory Affairs is a truly multi-disciplinary workplace with scientists and physicians from all kinds of backgrounds. Graduates will learn about drug development and registration across a number of therapy areas.
- Environment, Health and Safety is focused on reducing risks and adverse impacts to the environment and creating safe and healthy workspaces for our employees.
- Our Management programme is designed to give graduates experience in working in up to 4 different business areas across GSK without specialising until they finish the programme.
What placements are on offer?
Firstly, we offer a whole range of industrial placements as part of a recognised sandwich degree. With training packages designed to meet your individual needs and a performance development plan, you’ll be able to build on the skills you’ve gained at university by applying them in a practical environment. Placements cover Manufacturing (Engineering and Science), IT, Supply Chain, Procurement, Regulatory Affairs, R&D, Sales, Marketing, Communications, HR and Finance.
We also offer summer placements in either Marketing or Procurement. These typically last 10 to 12 weeks and are aimed at students who have the skills and experience to add value to our company, as well as the potential to build a long-term career with us.
What’s in it for me?
We are deeply committed to personal and professional development - offering a range of ongoing and tailored learning opportunities. We give our people the trust and respect to be themselves, and the chance to develop their careers across an incredibly diverse collection of businesses and geographies. You’ll flourish in an environment where personal growth plays a vital part in the changing face of the business. But most of all, you’ll enjoy the sense of purpose that comes from leading change in an industry that touches millions every day.
Please click here to find out more about our up to date programmes and placements, including our requirements and start dates, and how to apply.