Apply: Friends Life
Friends Life provides a range of financial products and services. We focus on ways of helping people achieve greater long-term financial security for themselves and their families. Ours is a new brand for a new business. Bringing together the best from three large businesses, we started life in March 2011 as a large and successful company, with a heritage dating back over 200 years. We have over 5 million customers worldwide and a number of high-profile corporate partners. We have a deep sense of commitment to integrity and trust, a sensible degree of caution and a reputation for providing solutions that our customers can rely on over the long term.
We will be attending the following graduate recruitment events:
- Graduate Management & Finance Fair 2012 - University of St Andrews – Friday 12th October 12 to 3pm
- University of Bath Autumn Fair – Thursday 18th October – 11am to 4pm
- University of Warwick City and Finance Fair – Thursday 18th October – 11am to 4pm
- Actuarial Careers Fair - Heriot Watt University, Wednesday 31st October 2012 – 1pm to 3.30pm
Please visit our stand to talk to us about the scheme or to find out more information.
Actuarial Students are placed in various departments and areas throughout Friends Life, including product development, financial reporting and analysis and stochastic modelling.
Students are given opportunities to rotate between departments and sites to gain maximum work experience. A generous study package is provided with additional support from qualified actuaries leading to pass rates that are consistently higher than the national average.
As you work towards qualification, our rotation scheme allows you to move between departments and locations. Not only does this ensure great variety in your work, but it also means you're able to make intelligent decisions about where your professional interests ultimately lie. In a business the size of Friends Life, there will be first class opportunities for career progression.
Education, qualifications, skills and experience required
- Minimum 2:1 in any numerate discipline
- Grade A or B at Maths A Level (or equivalent)
- Strong communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Self disciplined
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Strong desire to develop career in actuarial profession
Please refer to our website.