CGI technology is some of the most advanced in the world. Here are just a few examples of how we bringing ideas to life.
Ten things you couldn't do without CGI...
- You couldn’t send a text message! We sent the first text in 1992 & manage 2/3 of today’s messages
- You couldn’t watch satellite TV. Our systems manage satellite booking/billing in the UK, Europe, Australasia & beyond
- Life would be cold and dark. We designed the electricity trading markets & our systems manage >85% of gas storage
- The Mars landings wouldn’t have happened. We work on all Europe’s missions to other planets and moons
- Our troops in Afghanistan couldn’t communicate securely. We’d like to tell you more but it’s hush-hush
- Your credit & debit cards wouldn’t work everywhere you go! Find out more @ CGI.com
- Your money wouldn’t move as smoothly. We’ve played key roles in creating SWIFT, CHAPS, Faster Payments & CLS
- You couldn’t fly in UK airspace. We delivered the central control & monitoring system for NATS
- Designed and manage the Police National Database helping the UK Police cut crime & keep us safe
- Your ideas may not be protected. We are pioneering new patent management systems with the EPO
CGI technology is all around us, from Boris Bikes to secure communication technology our people are behind some of the most innovative and ground breaking IT services in the world. You’ve probably used CGI technology today!
A day in the life of Bob, powered by CGI
The next morning Bob checks the weather forecast via the internet, looks like great day to go for a drive! Weather system information – Delivered by systems built by CGI that produce the weather satellite images across Europe, Africa, East Asia and Australia
Bob visits his local car dealership to buy a new car. Using CGI's Asset Finance platform, Phoenix360 the dealer agrees the finance, insurance, and following verification, Bob drives away in his new Mercedes.
Stressed Bob remembers he has a hospital appointment fortunately, he has completed his appointment and online questionnaire. The patient, clinical and appointment systems provided by CGI.
Whilst driving from the hospital Bob has an accident with a BMW car driver. The BMW driver calls for assistance using the (M2M) platform built by CGI built-in car communications.
Arriving home Bob checks his smart electricity meter that communicates daily through CGI systems to retrieve consumption data before heading to bed after a long and exciting day...