Why Work for Ashfield?
Life at Ashfield is energetic, enjoyable and immensely satisfying. An environment that’s positively charged, where you’re valued and encouraged to fulfil your potential. Ashfield is a fast-paced place to work where you’ll enjoy a steady stream of opportunities. You can take pride in your work and realise your potential.
- We employ people who are committed to our values – quality, partnership, ingenuity, expertise and energy.
- We believe in throwing ourselves into every task to produce our best work.
- We’ll support you in your day-to-day job as well as guiding and developing your future.
- We have fun at work and you’ll be surrounded by like-minded, goodhumoured supportive colleagues.
Is Pharmaceutical Sales for Me?
Pharmaceutical sales is a fast-paced, pressured and rewarding environment. With improved patient care, and supporting the NHS at the forefront, there are many opportunities to progress and develop within this ever-changing industry.
What is Pharmaceutical Sales and What Does it Involve?
Pharmaceutical sales is the primary method used by pharmaceutical companies to market their products to healthcare professionals.
The sales representative is the vital link between pharmaceutical companies and healthcare professionals. The aim of the role is to build partnerships with healthcare professionals, demonstrating the value your products bring to them and their patients in order to reach sales targets.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Plan and organise your own diary to achieve sales and activity targets.
- Initiate, organise and carry out sales presentations.
- Monitor and utilise all relevant promotional literature as part of the sales process.
- Keep up to date with any changes to the NHS.
- Enjoy meeting new people?
- Want to be rewarded based on performance?
- Manage my own time effectively?
- Want to use my degree in a working environment?
- Feel excited by a professional career that enhances patient care?
- Want to be recognised as an ambassador for a market leading company?
- Possess exceptional communication skills?
- Want to be developed in line with my potential?
- Enjoy driving?
- Want to further my knowledge through study?
- Feel motivated by targets?
- Possess ambition and the drive to succeed?
If you answered yes to most of these questions, then read on!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I apply if i didn’t do a science based degree?
Of course. We take candidates from all degree subjects and classifications. We are looking more at your competencies and ability to learn.
Do I need to have sales experience for this role?
Not necessarily. We are looking for candidates who have had previous experience working within a customer facing environment.
How do I find shadowing experience?
Unfortunately we are unable to provide you with shadowing experience due to insurance restrictions. You will need to visit your local GP surgeries and pharmacies to see if they have any contact details. Also think about any friends or family who have contacts in the pharmaceutical industry.
Is there any training involved?
Most certainly. You will have a 4 day induction at our head office in Ashby de la Zouch. This will include the role of a rep and selling skills, as well as covering important information about our organisation. You will also receive product training.
Will there be career development opportunities?
Definitely. At Ashfield we are always encouraging our employees to strive to be their best and therefore we give our employees the opportunity to progress in their career and give them lots of training in order to do so.
Do we receive any help prior to the client interviews?
Yes. Our Resourcing department has consultants who are there to help you and prepare you for interviews. We are able to help you on the telephone or face to face it’s entirely up to you.
Why do I need to have a driving licence for this role?
This is a requirement for the role, as it involves travelling around a specific geographical location meeting with various healthcare professionals.
What is the starting salary?
Starting salaries vary, depending on the contract, role and level of experience.
are there any bonuses included?
Yes, but this is dependent on the client and your performance in the field.
Do I have to relocate?
Not at all, but it certainly helps to find you a role much quicker if you are flexible.
What can I do between now and finishing my degree to improve my prospects of a career with Ashfield?
There are a few things that you can do. Please research the role of a Medical Sales Representative in as much detail as possible. Speak to or ideally shadow a Medical Sales Representative for at least 1 day.
When can I apply to Ashfield?
Anytime or once you have completed your degree or are coming towards the end of your degree. You must possess a full valid UK driving licence and have the right to work in the UK.
Rewards and Recognition
We realise it’s our people that have made us the success we are. That’s why, if you join us, you’ll be recognised and rewarded for your achievements, and given the support you need to reach higher and develop further.
- We’ll tailor training around you, based on the direction you want to go in.
- The hard work you put in will be reflected in the rewards you receive.
- We’re an international organisation, so there’s a world of opportunities.
We think the generous rewards and massive scope for development are why many talented people choose to stay