Harvey NashHarvey Nash
We are pioneers in professional recruitment and IT outsourcing.
With 7,000 professionals in more than 40 offices across the USA, Europe and Asia, the Group has the reach and resources of a global organisation, whilst fostering a culture of innovation and agility that empowers its people to respond to constantly changing client needs. We work with clients, both large and small, to deliver a portfolio of services: executive search, professional recruitment and outsourcing.
Every year we place thousands of skilled professionals in permanent and interim roles and also undertake software development projects for many leading organisations. The quality and performance of our people has set us apart in an intensely competitive market. From IT recruitment, project outsourcing to executive search and interim management, Harvey Nash has earned a reputation for putting our clients’ interests first.
- Name: Tasneem
- Role: Consultant
- Joined: January 2013
Fun fact: I'm a massive Harry Potter fan, in fact my desk plant is named after Neville Longbottom!
Childhood dream job: I really wanted to be an Astronaut. I'm still hoping I'll be one someday.
A job you're least cut out for: I couldn't be a life guard, I'd be the first one to drown.
- What do you enjoy the most in your role?
- I know it might sound simple, but the thing I enjoy the most is making placements. It can take a lot of time and effort to find the right candidates for a role, and to support them from interview to offer stage - and often things don't go the way you plan. So there's nothing better than getting an offer through and candidates accepting it. You really do feel a great sense of achievement, whether it's because you've done a deal of really high value, or helped someone get a job that they really wanted, or both!
- What has been your biggest challenge so far?
- Keeping up with the pace. When roles gets released, you have fierce competition from other recruitment companies, and you have to make sure you get the best people on the market before everyone else. This means you often have to work really quickly and I've never been used to that before.
- Why did you choose Harvey Nash?
- As well as the appeal of the brand, the people attracted me to Harvey Nash. When I attended the assessment day and went through the interviews, everyone was friendly, professional and welcoming, which made me want to work here. Their management style here was also very attractive. You get all the support from the managers and the team, but you're also encouraged to take initiative. You are in control of your own desk, and can utilise resources from across the Group to help build your business.
- What advice would you give to someone considering a career in recruitment?
- There are a lot of ups and downs in recruitment and it's key to stay positive when things don't go your way. It's important to have resilience and not give up because when things do go right, it can be very rewarding!
Training & Profiles
We see learning and development as a key factor to success. Our dedicated Talent Academy and internal Talent Team are on hand to offer a wide range of courses, training materials, coaching, mentoring and workshops throughout your career with us.
As our organisation continues to grow, so do our people. As a new starter you will be provided with the tools to enhance your skills and knowledge with modules running throughout your ‘new starter’ period.. Beyond this, our development strategy is designed to give you the opportunity to grow and develop your career as part of your continued learning. We offer clear progression pathways for all of our staff so you can see exactly where your career can go.
From your first day here you will be connected to a network of colleagues who will help and support you. We believe firmly in on the spot coaching and guidance and ‘at desk’ learning as well as the more traditional platforms of training.
We are proud of our agile staff and working environment, our development strategy ensures that we continue to respond to our environment and our customers, continuing to lead and innovate in our fields of expertise. We challenge ourselves to create an environment where our people are always developing, learning, growing and innovating.
You can apply to live vacancies as advertised on the graduate-jobs website. Alternatively, you can send your CV and cover letter direct to email@example.com, OR apply via our website /msr.jsp?c=1679&t=a.