Trainee Recruitment Consultant
Spencer Ogden Ltd
Why join Spencer Ogden?
Our mission is to be the go-to Sustainability Staffing leader, globally. Over the years, we have been recognised for numerous global awards including, most recently, the Best and Brightest in Wellness 2021 & 2022, The 2022 Top Workplaces, and the 2022 Sustainability Award. We pride ourselves on organic growth, and by combining our world-class training complemented by our core PACE values, we have identified and developed our best-in-class Consultants to senior leadership positions; over 70% of our senior leaders starting their careers as Trainee Consultants!
Established in 2010, there are now 13 offices globally, over 400 employees, and turning over circa £135m in sales. We are industry experts holding a leading position within the Sustainability, Infrastructure, and Natural Resources sectors. Our diverse and award-winning company culture ensures that everyone experiences a collaborative, fun, professional, safe, and energetic working environment. Everything we do is People, we are Accountable, we Collaborate, and we strive to be Excellent.
Spencer Ogden strives to create careers to power a sustainable future, and it starts from within.
Depending on your skillset and alignment, we have THREE diverse career pathways. As an entry-level Consultant in London, you may be responsible for winning new business, developing our existing business, and/or delivering high-calibre candidates to our existing clients across all core sectors.
Responsibilities may include:
- Candidate sourcing and screening by phone, video, or in-person
- Developing new and existing business relationships by phone, video, or email
- Candidate and client networking and attending industry-specific events
- Exceeding set activity-based targets on a daily, weekly basis, and working to sales targets set weekly, monthly, and quarterly. This ranges from call time, client meetings arranged, interviews arranged, to revenue generated.
- Graduate, or a graduate-calibre candidate
- You naturally adhere to our PACE values: People, Accountability, Collaboration, Excellence
- You can implement feedback through training
- Naturally empathic and patient
- You have a proven track record of demonstrating persistence, consistency, and resilience
- Financially motivated, linking to your internal drivers
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset
- You must hold permanent working rights in the UK upon application
What You'll Get
- Friday 3 PM finish
- We encourage our people to build their careers with us, championing internal career progression
- Award-winning training and development from day one across our 360, Key and Programme Account sectors – please ask the Talent Team for more details
- Access to our Well-being Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) upon start date
- Annual leave + the week of Christmas paid off + 5 paid mental health days + your birthday off + 4 volunteer days
- Flexi-hours and a work-from-home policy, once passed probation
- A competitive base salary + uncapped commission + benefits
- Earn up to 40% of your billings, with no threshold in your first year!
- Fitness First discount
- Free fruit twice a week
- Dress for your day policy
- Corporate reward discounts with Benefits Hub
- Healthcare contribution from day one, provided by UK Healthcare
- A culture of celebrating success with regular competitions, incentives, and parties
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual incentives: trips to Morocco, Vegas, and South Africa to name a few
- Generous company pension scheme contribution
- Many more
We Are Disability Confident
Spencer Ogden is committed to making our recruitment process as inclusive as possible for everyone. We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and developing a culture that values differences. Should you require additional support for your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or alternative application processes to support your needs.
Our Recruitment Process
Submit your CV and reach out to the talent team for a confidential chat and further discussions regarding the recruitment process.
We’d LOVE to speak to you all - please note, due to the volume of applicants we receive, if you have not heard from us within one week, it is likely that your application is unsuccessful.
Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn to stay up to date with @spencerogden_emea & #LifeatSO #ProudToBeSO