The Royal Society of Chemistry is the UK’s largest non-governmental funder of chemistry education. They are offering up to 150 Teacher Training Scholarships to the very best graduates entering chemistry teacher training in September 2021.
Teaching is an exciting, challenging and hugely rewarding career. No two days will ever be the same, but every day you’ll be sharing your passion for science and making a real difference to children and young people.
They are offering £26,000 tax-free funding along with a specialised support package, designed to help during the training course, including:
- mentoring by an expert chemistry teacher
- chemistry specific training meetings with other scholars
- free classroom materials including books, posters and a lab coat
- free online courses on key concepts in teaching chemistry
- opportunities to engage with the Royal Society of Chemistry beyond the scholarship year
- two year’s membership of the Royal Society of Chemistry, which includes a range of further benefits.