Ofwat is the economic regulator of the water sector in England and Wales. We’re here to make sure that the companies provide household and business consumers with a good quality service and value for money.
To do this, we need a great team of people committed to working together to make sure that customer and wider society have trust in water.
We were established in 1989 when the water and sewerage industry in England and Wales was privatised.
Our vision for Ofwat is to be working at the leading edge, trusted and respected, challenging ourselves and others to build trust and confidence in water.
As the economic regulator of the water sector in England and Wales, Ofwat’s role is to help the sector build trust and confidence with customers and wider society.
• provoking, challenging and where appropriate leading the sector, to ensure it has clarity on what customers and society expect
• overseeing how the sector is performing
• seeking assurance that service providers are acting efficiently, on the basis of good information, a good understanding of the responsibilities and relationships they have and that they are maintaining a mature relationship with Ofwat
• being ready to step in, if service providers fall short
• using the right tools from our available toolkit to achieve the best results
• acting clearly and predictably
Delivering trust and confidence in vital public water and wastewater services is ambitious and will take time to achieve. We cannot do all this alone. We need water and wastewater companies and everyone with an interest in the sector to work with us and together, listening and communicating to build trust and confidence among customers, investors and within society.
Find out more about what it’s like at Ofwat – the work that we do, the way that we carry it out, the people you could work with and the career you could enjoy.
First, hear from our Chief Executive and Chairman about our role in the sector, and how that translates into the organisation we are.
The Ofwat Graduate Development Programme provides a powerful start to your career. Carefully designed to provide you with a breadth of knowledge about our organisation, you’ll get to work within our professional multi-disciplined teams, alongside some of the most senior and experienced professionals in the regulatory field.
Find out more about the benefits of working at Ofwat here.or visit our website and watch our video to get an insight into the experiences of some of our recent group of graduates.Apply: Ofwat scheme