At the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), we believe everyone has the right to come home safe and well from their job. We use world-leading science to prevent work-related death, injury and ill health. We don’t just inspect and investigate, we also provide advice and training to organisations. All this together means we help keep people safe, boost productivity, support the UK economy and contribute to a fairer society.
A 300-strong division, the CRD delivers regulatory schemes protecting the health of people and the environment, balancing the economic and social benefits that pesticides, biocides, industrial chemicals and detergents offer to society, and helping to ensure the safe and sustainable use of these chemicals. We work with businesses large and small, industry bodies, government departments and other regulators across Europe and globally.
In addition to this hugely impactful work, you can look forward to the following Civil Service rewards package:
- Salary of £25,674 (rising to £30,821 after successful completion of training)
- Access to the Civil Service pension scheme
- Comprehensive training programme
- 25 days’ annual leave, rising to 30 days after five years (plus 9 public holidays/privilege day)
- Generous paid maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Special leave for caring or other emergencies
- Onsite fitness centres and canteen (where available)