Monitoring Trustee Services - Finance - Graduate Trainee - London - September 2024
At Mazars we have a wide range of opportunities for you to gain experience in a firm that truly cares about your aspirations. Our business is an engine for rapid and consistent career progression, and we are known for giving ambitious people early responsibility and exposure.
Are you a student who is interested in building a career in Consulting specifically in complex financial transactions? Are you a self-starter, keen to further develop your strong analytical skillset? This is a great opportunity to join a diverse, growing team that specialises in advising clients on complex financial and legalities in relation to M&A transactions.
About the role
The role of a Consultant is to support the team through all aspects of the project lifecycle; from the sales or ‘business development' process, to project planning, information gathering, exploration of relevant compliance issues, conducting financial and/or legal analysis of various types of data and preparation of deliverables including drafting official reports.
You will be also involved in non-client activities such as assisting with internal projects and research initiatives.
We operate a hybrid working model, so as a consultant you will split your time between working from home, visiting the office or client sites when required, with the potential for travel outside of the UK.
During your first year you will:
- Provide support to managers and supervisors on projects across various client types;
- Develop a strong understanding of (i) monitoring trustee services, (ii) the monitoring of behavioural and structural remedies and (iii) a variety of industries; and
- Develop a drafting style in line with the role requirements.
During your second year you will:
- Take more responsibility on projects and begin to assume core roles in project workstreams;
- Self-review work, ensuring minimal review points are raised by managers;
- Adopt a more client facing role commensurate to ability; and
- Increase drafting responsibilities and become involved in more complex financial analysis;
- Provide guidance to less experienced team members.
After two years you will:
- Increased responsibility for developing service lines and business;
- Lead project workstreams and drive forward project deliverables;
- Increased ownership of project deliverables including the development of report conclusions and recommendations; and
- Demonstrate foundational project management capabilities.
As a Consultant the typical daily duties will include:
- Research information and analyse data as required;
- Assessing business plans, cash flow models, valuations, and monthly financial performance against budget to determine and monitor the operational health of businesses;
- Drafting official reports, analysis, and presentations on operational strategy, compliance monitoring, and financial viability of businesses for submission to global competition authorities;
- Liaising with external technical experts to produce analysis on the financial viability of divestment businesses across different industries;
- Collecting and synthesising information from research and business materials (management reports, accounts, contracts) provided by clients;
- Drafting client-specific conclusions and recommendations based on research and team discussions;
- Supporting the monitoring of compliance of parties with commitments offered to competition authorities in the UK, EU and globally (North and South America, Asia);
- Supporting the assessment of potential purchasers of divestment businesses (e.g., review of business plans, sufficiency financial resources and equity investments, independence etc.);
- Obtaining in-depth exposure and knowledge of operational strategy across various industries within project teams, including exposure to large M&A transactions in a broad range of sectors; Supporting projects involving the monitoring of complex behavioural commitments (e.g., prices, access, bundling etc.);
- Maintaining professional working relationships with external stakeholders and your colleagues throughout fieldwork and social activities; and
- Supporting sales and business development processes by assisting in the preparation of proposals and research notes for new work.
About the team
The Advisory & Consulting Service Line at Mazars is a rapidly growing, award winning, global group of successful teams working together to present a go-to-market differentiator whilst delivering the highest quality of work for our clients.
If you are successful in securing a role on our training programme you will join a team of 600+ innovative specialists across a variety of sectors including Financial Services, Industry & Services, and Public Services. Our Advisory teams are at the forefront of global M&A transactions, large international infrastructure projects, high-profile forensic investigations, business valuations, corporate restructuring and creditor advisory services; all with the aim of adding value to clients by finding solutions to a range of financial issues as one collaborative team.
The Monitoring Trustee team is a dynamic consultancy team providing companies and regulatory authorities with advice on devising and monitoring the implementation of competition remedies in merger, anti-trust, and state aid cases. Principally, this involves conducting extensive financial and legal analysis on complex M&A transactions including the structuring of divestments and reporting on the operational health and strategy of international businesses. The team works with a multinational, blue chip client base. Mazars is regularly appointed as Monitoring Trustee in relation to the world's largest M&A transactions and is a well renowned market leader in the field, working with the European Commission, UK Competition and Markets Authority, and other competition authorities in North and South America as well as in Asia. The Monitoring Trustee team has experienced 100%+ growth over the last 3 years and is looking for talented finance, business, and legal professionals to join our highly competent and diverse team located in London, UK.
- Ability to express concepts with authority and conviction through verbal and written communication.
- Ability to think creatively, generate innovative ideas and deliver work effectively.
- Ability to learn quickly about a variety of industries and businesses.
- Ability to self-direct, analyse, evaluate, and form judgments based on the analysis of relevant data.
- Ability to work as part of a large multi-disciplinary team, and smaller sub teams dependent on project requirements.
- Interpersonal skills: the ability to build relationships with others with a foundation of trust and responsibility.
- Strong analytical skills: the ability to think critically, research and solve problems.
- Strong financial and business strategy analysis.
- Ability to multitask and work with tight timelines.
- Commitment to self-development & learning.
- Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity, and integrity.
- Fluency or native proficiency in another European language (e.g. German, Spanish or Portuguese) or Mandarin is desirable.
Strong academic performance is important; however, we understand that things don't always go to plan. Our recruitment process looks at your whole self – academic achievements as well as other experiences in which you have grown and developed. We balance your academic results alongside the aptitude assessment within our recruitment process to ensure that you will be successful in your role with us.
Mazars & me: who are we?
Mazars is a leading international professional services firm delivering exceptional quality in audit, tax, financial advisory, outsourcing and consulting. It's also a fun, fast-paced, positive place to work and make friends.
At Mazars, we celebrate individuality and thrive on teamwork. We give people the freedom to make a personal contribution to our shared purpose. We support one another to deliver quality, create change and make an impact. So that everyone can reach their full potential.
Every story is different at Mazars. Our people have amazing, personal experiences so the best way to learn about life here is to hear it first hand from them.
Learning and development
We offer a diverse range of experiences, with prestigious clients and dynamic projects across a range of sectors and geographies. We offer an excellent technical grounding and real responsibility from the start, with early exposure to clients and partners. We have a culture of coaching, feedback, mentorship and one-to-one support, so you will learn from working closely with accessible colleagues and leaders who have so much to share. Most importantly, we give our people the tools and support they need to define their own career path and realise their full potential. As part of your training, we offer the opportunity to gain a professional qualification whilst earning a competitive salary and gaining invaluable experience.
This includes funding, time off to study, attend college and complete online courses. Your professional qualification is only part of the story at Mazars; we support all our trainees with a blended approach to training and development including classroom study, 1:1 coaching, and soft skills training. After you have completed one year, there will be an opportunity for you to study towards a professional qualification if desired, which includes sponsorship for all levels of the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) qualification. We also support the Post Graduate Diploma of Economics in Competition Law at the King's College in London.
You will be supported by a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track. And you will be allocated a buddy who will support you to settle into the team and navigate your first year at Mazars.
Inclusion and diversity
Being inclusive is core to our culture at Mazars; we want to ensure everyone, whether in the recruitment process or beyond, is fully supported to be their unique self and provided with a level playing field. To read more about our approach click here.
At Mazars, we are one diverse, multicultural, multi-generational team with a huge sense of connection and belonging. If you are looking to join a firm where you can take ownership of your career, get involved, believe in yourself and put your ideas into action, then we think you will be a great addition to our team.
Roles will be closed as soon as we find the right people, so to avoid disappointment we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.
International applications – Please note that the deadline to apply for international candidates who require visa sponsorship is 15 March 2024. Applications received after this date will not be progressed.
- Annual Leave +
- Charitable Giving
- Dental Insurance
- Wellbeing Benefits
- Virtual GP
- Cycle to Work
- Gym Discounts
- Life Assurance
- Flexible Benefits +
If you are interested in a career in professional services, we can offer you an exciting head start by joining one of our trainee schemes for school or college leavers.
Mazars Interview Reviews
21 February 2018
My interview was a one on one interview with a member of their graduate recruitment team, the interview took place at their London office. The interview starts with an exercise...
19 June 2017
After completing verbal and numerical tests online, I was invited to the 1st round interview. It was with a member of graduate recruitment and it lasted around an hour where it...
06 July 2015
Firstly there is an online application form to pass.
Then there are two stages to the Public Sector Internal Audit (PSIA) recruitment process which is different to the...
Elsewhere on graduate-jobs.com
Related :finance jobs london monitoring trustee finance graduate trainee london september mazars
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Graduate Trainee Accountant - Simmons Gainsford
£22,550 – 36.25 hr week (with a signing on bonus of £750)
HAT Group of Accountants
Graduate scheme £28,000 Base
£28,000 Base + Commission £35,000 OTE
London, Monument, Billingsgate
Entry Level Recruitment Consultant - London
£19,000 to £23,000
Trainee Recruitment Consultant - International
£24,000 to £80,000 OTE year one
Spencer Ogden Ltd
International, International (Europe)
Trainee Recruitment Consultant - CENTRAL LONDON
£30,000 to £40,000 OTE
Remote (work from home), London, Mayfair (north), Grosvenor Square
Sales Development Representative / Business Development Representative
£25,000 to 35,000 + commission
Remote (work from home), London