Lloyds Banking Group - Actuarial Summer Intern
Lloyds Banking Group
Our internship scheme may close early if we receive a high number of applications, so it’s best to apply as soon as you can.
The internship will run for 10 weeks from June/July 2024
You’ll be based at one of our main hubs in Bristol, Edinburgh or Leeds for the duration of your internship. Tell us which location you’d like to be based at on your application. We work in a hybrid way, which involves collaborating in the office at least two days per week.
If you require a visa to work in the UK then unfortunately we won’t be able to accept you onto our summer intern programme.
We are only looking to recruit interns whose university graduation date is in 2025 or 2026.
Our purpose is Helping Britain Prosper.
We do this by creating a more sustainable and inclusive future for people and businesses, shaping finance as a force for good.
Financing a green future
We recognise that climate change is one of the biggest issues facing society.
As the UK’s largest financial services group, we can make a real difference to tackling climate change by helping to finance a greener future together. We think this will require new ways of living, working and investing for our business and our customers.
Everyone is different
We value the unique differences that each of our colleagues bring to work every day. Together, we make Lloyds Banking Group stronger and the best bank for customers. We’re working hard to build an inclusive bank that reflects the diversity of modern Britain.
Our application process is designed to give all candidates the opportunity to excel. Individuals with disabilities will receive reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request adjustments.
Is our Actuarial Internship Scheme for you?
Do you have a passion for problem solving? Can you combine it with exceptional mathematical skills and critical thinking? Then an Actuarial internship could be the perfect direction for you.
On this programme, you’ll experience life in our insurance business and get a detailed insight into what being an Actuary has to offer. The work is interesting, varied, and challenging. So, you’ll need to be naturally curious and committed to how we can best meet the needs of our insurance customers. And, of course, be comfortable working with numbers, models, and data.
You’ll be involved in translating complex information to non-specialist colleagues. Which means the ability to communicate well is a must. Along with an eagerness to learn and make a positive difference to both our business and customers.
- Work in collaborative teams that provide an exciting insight into actuarial work
- Are able to ask colleagues lots of questions and learn on the job, every day
- Become well-versed in explaining complex number-sets through clear and concise stories, sometimes using data visualisation tools
The work you could be doing
- Developing product lines to better meet the needs of our customers
- Setting assumptions for our economic and demographic outlook
- Identifying, monitoring and handling risks to our business and customers
- Working closely with other teams to identify their data needs and support their requirements
- Communicating technical ideas in a relatable way to non-specialist colleagues
What you need to apply
- An expected 2:2 degree or above in any subject area from any university
- A passion for problem solving and an ability for logical thinking
- The ability to work collaboratively with colleagues in the office and from home