Diversity, Equality & Inclusion Initiatives
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Whatever your background, we believe that you will find working with us rewarding and enriching.
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about reaching their full potential and are excited about constantly learning and developing. We welcome applications from everyone and are committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining the most talented individuals.
In 2020 we launched Accelerate 25 as part of our vision to build a more diverse and inclusive workforce. We strongly believe that a more diverse team will drive greater performance and we have an ambition for at least 25% of new employees to come from under-represented groups, in each year up to and including 2025.
We are on track but remain conscious that we are still at the start of our journey to make our team more diverse and inclusive. Our commitment to this journey is steadfast. We will be transparent about our progress and open to how we can improve to make our team even better.
Building Our Community
Community is belonging. We believe in the power of building our community – and that is why we:
- Hold an annual celebration of Pride Month with team member events to raise awareness of the importance of being an ally
- Featured the Mercedes Pride star on our car and driver helmets for the first time for the three Grands Prix taking place in June 2022
- Hosted an INWED Film Night in celebration of Women in STEM and Engineering
- Organised Lunch & Learn sessions on Menopause Awareness, British Sign Language, Ethics of Ethnic Diversity, Building Confidence at Work and Neurodiversity
- Held a Girls on Track UK STEM day, welcoming the daughters and nieces of our team members
- Extended our official sponsorship of International Women in Engineering Day – for the fifth consecutive year
- Rolled out bespoke Accelerate Inclusion workshops – for everyone, alongside Unconscious Bias training for our recruiting managers.
- All these activities create ever-increasing awareness and understanding – both of which are fundamental to creating lasting change.
Company Company Profile
Welcome to The Mercedes-AMG PETRONAS Formula One Team
Mercedes-AMG PETRONAS Formula One Team is the works team of Mercedes-Benz, competing at the pinnacle of motorsport – the FIA Formula One™ World Championship.
Formula One is like nothing else in the sporting sphere. It’s a demanding technical and human challenge, combining cutting-edge technologies and innovation, high-performance management and elite teamwork.
At Mercedes-AMG Petronas Formula One Team, a group of passionate and determined people work to design, develop, manufacture and race the cars driven by seven-time World Champion Lewis Hamilton and young star George Russell.
The team has set a new benchmark for F1 success during the sport’s current Hybrid era, winning consecutive Drivers’ and Constructors’ World Championships in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020, and the Constructors’ Championship in 2021. During those title-winning seasons, the team has scored 111 wins, 232 podium finishes, 118 pole positions, 81 fastest laps and 53 one-two finishes from 160 race starts.