by Jess on 20 October 2011 22:02

Watched last nights episode? Overall I thought it was okay but I'm not sure what making four grads the pretend CEOs of companies and then evaluating their performance. It's going to be a train wreck...what are they supposed to do in 24h - I know it was for television but it just seemed a dumb thing to do, what was it supposed to achieve or demonstrate?

I think the best thing that came out of it was that if we were thinking of setting up our own businesses just give it a whirl. What have we to loose? I don't have anything! Literally I have some clothes and a second hand Ford KA. I have have nothing I suppose I'm not risking anything it's not like I'm going to loose my house and won't be able to feed my family...I don't have one.

Oh and the lady from Greggs was odd.

by Ishaan on 21 October 2011 09:56

I watched the Programme too and actually thought it gave useful tips. It was very much geared towards entertaining the TV audience, like you said Jess but that is what people want nowadays - to be entertained rather than educated. And lets be honest, it was a bit of a PR exercise for some of the companies involved. However, overal I found myself relating to the issues discussed; I too am finding it hard to get employment in the market I wish to get into "adult entertainment"..jokes - I want to get into Marketing. Next time I get an inteview will be researching the company a lot more and asking some good questions at the end - the companies seem to love that (not sure if it was more about getting their brands onto the BBC though :-)!)

I will be watching again.

Board index

House rules

Note: All posts and replies to the graduate-jobs.com forums are anonymous. Your identity will not be revealed.

Opinions expressed here are not necessarily the opinions of graduate-jobs.com UK Ltd.