by Andrew Ross on 20 March 2014 21:46

I found work in public relations!

I wanted to start a conversation here to help all you aspiring publicists out there. The key is determination and persistence, that is what got me the role I have today - I am a junior account executive and I graduated in the summer of 2013.

Make as many applications as you can and make sure that you tailor each one so that it fits with the culture and profile of the company you are applying to. By this I mean if the website is very quirky and the role you are applying for is in consumer PR then a quirkier cover letter may well be more suitable than if you are applying for a corporate PR job in the city of London.

So think carefully about the tone and style of your applications.

If you want more details on where I work and what I did to get my role please reply on this forum. I would love to help you out, especially those living in Berkshire or London.

by Maryam on 24 March 2014 10:28

Hi, that's great you got a job!

I wanted to ask you on average how many jobs did you apply for in a week or every day?

As I find tailoring my CV does take me a while and I don't think I am applying for enough roles to give myself a good chance.

Board index

House rules

Note: All posts and replies to the graduate-jobs.com forums are anonymous. Your identity will not be revealed.

Opinions expressed here are not necessarily the opinions of graduate-jobs.com UK Ltd.