by Dan on 13 January 2013 12:57

I have a telephone interview for the London finance the future graduate scheme coming up and wondered if anyone had experienced it before and could give me some tip.

What questions they will ask and any other information would be greatly received.

Many thanks
Dan

by Ash on 14 January 2013 10:06

Hi Dan,

Have you received a call from them? I have also applied for Northampton location(1st Preference) completed my numerical test last week? I was told in the email that they will carry out telephone interviews from this week.

I am also wandering what questions will they ask and what's best way to handle their interview. Please provide update and relevant info when you receive their call. Thanks

Kind regards

by Sam on 14 January 2013 14:32

Hi,

I completed my online test. I haven't heard from them since, after how long did you find out you had progressed to the telephone interview?

Good luck with your progress.

Tamoor

by Nonso on 14 January 2013 15:12

Hi Alex,
When did you receive as e-mail to take the tests? I only submitted my application on the 3rd, does this mean I was unsuccessful?

by Emma on 14 January 2013 16:24

I had my telephone interview today and it was a basic telephone interview, they picked a few things out of your application form to talk about and then went on to ask a couple of competency questions. They limited your time to 5 minutes per competency.

There was a chance to ask questions too but they are from the recruitment side not the finance part so they might not be able to answer all questions.

They have telephone interviews into next week so it may take a while to hear the result.

by Ash on 15 January 2013 10:01

Thanks Emma for your update. Hope you did well in your interview. I am still expecting a call from them.

Kind regards,
Ash

by Malaly on 16 January 2013 00:16

Hi Emma, is it possible if you can please tell us more about the type of questions they asked you.

I need to book my telephone interview next week and I am very worried about the type of questions I will be asked.

Thanks in advance

by Emma on 24 January 2013 22:07

Hi, sorry for taking so long to reply.

It was a basic telephone interview as I said previously. As there is more than one interviewer they may use different compentencies but they arent difficult questions. If you've done your research you'll be fine for every question they ask you about.

Still waiting to hear back from them.

by Claudia on 25 January 2013 10:59

Hi Emma,

Good luck on your application. I too have a telephone interview scheduled for next week. I'm a little nervous have to admit. Could you let us know of what type of competency questions they asked you please? And what type of research you did? That would be extremely helpful.

Claudia

by John on 25 January 2013 11:10

Hi Dan and Forum,

I also have an up and coming telephone interview. I would be so grateful if you or anyone else could shed some light on the type of questions they asked regarding competency based and any other difficult type questions. I'm new at having this type of interview so the advice will be extremely helpful and appreciated.

Good luck on your application.

Thank you in advance,

John

by Lotak on 29 January 2013 10:59

Hey

I had my interview with them (for the London position) a couple of weeks back. I cannot remember the exact questions that were asked but I do remember:
1) They briefly go through your application (nothing particularly strenuous, just some confirmation and justification of A-levels / degree).
2) They ask some basic competencies, e.g. working in a team, meeting deadlines, project management, all of which ARE probed with obvious questions such as, challenges faced, what would you do differently,
3) They ask motivational questions, e.g. Why this scheme, What challenges do you think you will face, Why public sector

I don't even think I was given the opportunity to ask my own questions.
The entire process took about 25-30 minutes.

The interviewer was very friendly and she was easy to talk to. It was more a conversation than an interview.

I am still yet to hear from them, so I assume that they will interview everyone and then pick the top 'n' candidates to move to the AC stage.

Good luck =)

Board index

House rules

Note: All posts and replies to the graduate-jobs.com forums are anonymous. Your identity will not be revealed.

Opinions expressed here are not necessarily the opinions of graduate-jobs.com UK Ltd.