by TB on 09 January 2013 12:39

Anybody else apply for JLR Grad Schemes? I applied for Marketing, Sales & Service but heard nothing as yet other than Xmas compliments...

by AA on 10 January 2013 12:42

Hi I applied for Marketing, Sales and Service and two days ago I received invitation for online tests. They are from Saville Recruiting. Anyone done those before? I have 7 days to complete the tests.

by Magdalena on 11 January 2013 09:23

I have done the tests, but did not got a replay ever since.
The 3 sample test that they sent you are OK but easier than the actual test.
Before you begin your test you will have another 3 questions at the beginning of the test to make you familiarize with the speed of work ( as each question has a minute). I found that those were even more easier than the sample they sent you at home. The bad surprise was when I had to do the actual tests, I think I wasn't as successful as I didn't get any replay from them since December when I completed my tests. I am not trying to scare you, just being realistic about it! Good luck!

by MM on 11 January 2013 11:06

Hello,

I have to do those tests too, but I have never done one of that kind. How do you know that you have just 7 days to complete it?

Regards

by Magdalena on 11 January 2013 17:27

I don't think I understand your last question. You get a SMS from Jaguar when they send you the tests and in a week time you get another one saying that your time is over (in case you didn't completed the test).. I didn't to mine the first time they send them because I didn't knew there was a time limit to it, but I reapplied for a different position, ant took the tests:D.. no replay from Jaguar thought, just a Christmas card.

by PW on 13 January 2013 21:17

Hey yeh I completed one of the tests the other day, they are quite difficult under the time constraints so try not to let your nerves get in the way, (easier said than done) do some practice ones online, the diagrammatic ones i did were much harder than the ones on the example sheets they sent, just prepare as much as you can and have a calculator, pen and paper ready, good luck!

by AA on 14 January 2013 15:04

Are the tests part of the application process and they are evaluated together? OR Candidates receive them only after the form has been screened? Each company is different I'm not sure about JLR's case.

by Yasir Patel on 17 January 2013 14:39

Hello,

I recently applied for Purchasing for Jag Land Rover, really wanted this job! I got invited for the online tests.. and did them the day before yesterday.. aaanddd failed :( I saw someone on this thread wondering why they hadn't heard from the company yet.. but thats usually a good sign:) When a candidate fails, usually you hear from them pretty soon, if not immediately. The practice tests are much much easier than the actual test! I thought this was quite misleading tbh.. Oh well! Basically you have 45 secs to answer each q (So 4 q's in 3 mins), soo its important to be ready. Its useful to practice on sites such as SHL website, or Assessment Day, the tests are called Swift Aptitude tests or something like that, but I don't think there are practice tests that are exactly the same as the ones you're gonna take though. Good luck to everyone!

by Alasdair on 21 January 2013 18:41

I went through the online tests last year and it took ages to find out. Basically from my assessment Jaguar use a grading curve so you may place somewhere on the passing side of the curve initially. However if sufficient people that scored higher than you accept the offer you may still end up not being made an offer. If you haven't heard all you can do is wait although I wouldn't treat them as a holly grail and get yourself into as many assessment centres as you can.

Its closed now for this year but if anyone is till looking by September to November 2013 have a look at the Civil Service Fast Stream. Their assessment centre process is excellent and even if you don't make it you will be given a very thorough report on the areas you need to build upon.

Best of luck to all, keep the spirits up.

by Halle on 22 January 2013 11:29

Hello all!
I applied for the hr graduate scheme with JLR. But have only received a 'thank you for your application' email and another one recently saying 'we will be in touch soon' ... However it has been over 10 days of receiving this email....

Everyone else has been invited to tests ... I haven't heard anything back yet...

Is there anyone else who applied for the same position?..

by imtiazahmad_acca on 23 January 2013 23:09

Hi there. I also applied to JLR for a Finance Graduate position. I received an invitation to the online test but did not succeed due to lack of practice and unawareness of the sort of tests, as I never did them before.

Anyway my suggestion to all graduates is to "PRACTICE" more and more. I am going to attempt a few more of the SHL tests for a couple of other organisations and will be back with the update.

Till then GUD LUCK.

by Stacey on 24 January 2013 12:22

Hi,
I also applied for the H.R graduate scheme...I have received the same emails as Halle but I have not heard anything else since. I have had my application in since early November. Has anyone else who applied for this position heard anything?

by Harriet on 27 January 2013 13:16

Hi there,

I applied for the HR Graduate Programme in November and have only recieved a christmas email from them since. However, I emailed earlier this week to see what the progress was and they replied very quickly stating that they were still assessing all applications and would be in touch whether it be in a positiver or negative manner.

Good Luck!

Harriet.

by TB on 07 March 2013 08:57

Hi all!

Is anyone else still waiting to hear from JLR?

TB

by AC on 08 March 2013 13:52

Yea I'm still waiting to hear about the finance scheme, keep emailing them and they give the same response. Doesn't seem too promising at the moment, I'm thinking they might be keeping a lot of applicants in reserve.

by Jenny on 24 January 2014 13:42

Hey!
I'm appying for Purchasing summer internship, and got invited for an Assessment centre. I chose 8-12:30 on Mon 3rd of Feb in Coventry. Anyone else going for the same one??

I aplied a few days before the deadline, and got responses spaced out by a week or so to do SJT, Psychometric ones and now Assessment centre (they called me on Thu but I had a lecture so they then left me a voicemail and emailed the details as well).

Hope everyone else is doing well!

by Dan on 29 January 2014 13:33

Yeah, I have done couple of different tests online before Christmas and finally they droped an email that they will be in touch about Assesment Centre which should take place between February and May however have not heard from them since then. I have applied for Sales and Marketing btw

by Kate on 06 February 2014 16:39

I applied for the HR position in October, had an email to say I'd passed the on-line assessments and if they wished to take the process further, they'd be in touch between Feb-May, then an xmas email, and nothing else since. Atm no news is good news, as it means you've not had a "no" which means they are still considering your application, at least that's the way I'm looking at it. I assume that they'll interview/assess all the people who they REALLY want (eg passed the on-line assessments with flying colours AND had excellent applications/qualifications/experience) first, then will start to whittle the others down once people start accepting or declining roles, depending on how many roles they need to fill.

by Emilie on 10 February 2014 08:56

Hi Jenny.

How did your assessment centre go? Was it the expected?

Hope everything went well for you?

by Sophie on 11 February 2014 10:36

I applied for the Marketing, Sales and Service Graduate Scheme just before Christmas and completed my Situational Judgment tests early in the new year, and I have not heard anything since around 6th January.

by Sarah on 11 February 2014 18:22

i've done the maths tests and a situational test and not heard anything. Pretty sure theyre still advertising so don't think we'll hear till applications fully close.

by Simon on 16 February 2014 15:38

I've still not heard anything more. Done the situational tests so just waiting on a yes or no.

by Alexandra Palmer on 18 February 2014 09:09

Hiya. I haven't read the whole thread so someone might have already said this.

I emailed them as I applied for the marketing, sales and service one and completed the initial test but didn't hear anything.

I was told that I didn't quite hit the benchmark but they are keeping my application open at the moment just incase an opportunity arises.

Hope this helps.

Alexandra.

by Nasib Nawaz on 11 September 2014 20:01

Hi hope you are all well...

I applied for the JLR Graduate Scheme - Marketing, Sales, Services....this was just under 2 weeks ago....

I received a text message from them today stating that i have been invited to take the online tests...these consist of the 11 videos .... and you have 4 questions on each video .... and a scale which states .... Extremely Ineffective to Very Extremely Effective.....I believe you have 30mins to answer these questions but i think i did these in a lesser time frame....

Personally i think i did ok....as some of the question contradicted each other....you need to take your time and you can replay the videos again....bare in mind the clock is ticking....

I really do hope i pass these....but i have a little inkling i may not....but i will keep you guys posted....on the outcome

by Maxime.c on 15 September 2014 14:57

Hi everybody,

I sent my application form (CV) 10 days ago and I received an invitation at the online test last friday.

Do you know if they have maked already a first step of the recruitment or if everybody is invited to do the test, do you know something about that ?

And somebody knows if we can do the test in french ?

I applied for Finance Graduate Program.

Thanks in advance for your answering.

Max

by Rob Jones on 02 October 2014 09:46

Hey

I applied for the sales and Marketing position at the beginning of September. I was told to do the situational judgement tests which i have completed. I have not heard back since, so im hoping thats good news and they are considering my application.

by Nasib nawaz on 02 October 2014 14:07

@rob jones, likewise i applied done my tests and i haven't heard anything from them since...i guess there are a number of applicants applying for the same job guess they maybe taking in application for a month or so and see were it goes from there

by Kingbhav17 on 13 October 2014 13:10

I applied JLR's IT graduates Scheme in the middle of September, within a day of me applying for the role i got an email to take the online situational test, and since taking the test around 3rd week of September and getting a reply about them receiving my test and saying will get to me soon about feedback i have not heard anything.

I know that people are still applying for position and have just had their test in the last few days, so i guess that why i haven't heard anything , but is anyone had same problem?

Many thanks,

by dreamlifter747 on 14 October 2014 17:09

Hi there,
I applied for the engineering graduates (all disciplines) on 4th October, got the situational judgement Test on 6th October. Got the numerical ,verbal and reasoning test on 7th. And then got a thank you email on 13th OCtober for completing the online tests and also says that JLR will be in touch shortly for further process.

Anyone got to telephone interviews? if so How was it?

thanks

by OBee on 16 October 2014 21:14

Guys thanks very much for sharing such useful information.I am applying also to JLR following the email they send me to apply.Unfortunately I havent finished the application because I cant figure out the UCAS naric criteria.I followed how the table has listed the grades but still carried on asking to put numeric values which I had beeen doing.

Have applied also with the Civil service faststream the story is the same.
How do i go abt this if anyone could help me on this pliz??

by Kay on 26 October 2014 10:48

Hi guys, I applied at the beginning of September and received the The Situational Judgement Test 2 days later.
I completed it that day and then waited 9 days and received an email for online ability test which includes:

• Verbal Reasoning
• Numerical Reasoning
• Diagrammatic Reasoning.

I completed this a couple of days ago and I am expecting a long wait to hear back about the assessment centre.

The Situational Judgement test is pretty straight forward. You watch a number of video clips talking you through a situation (they last for about 15 seconds) and then you ask a number of questions about the clip. For example in the video you are asked to cover an important meeting for your boss, but you are also attending a graduate fair representing jaguar land rover. The questions would be something like 'You ask someone else to go to the graduate fair and you go to the important meeting your boss can't attend'. You have multiple choices to answer consisting of 'effective' to 'uneffective'.

Then, the online ability test. This is much more difficult. You can't really just jump onto this with no prep (unlike the situational judgement test). There are practise questions that should be linked in the email that you'll receive. COMPLETE THEM! and if you get any wrong, DO THEM AGAIN, until you are confident. The actual test is much harder than the practise ones towards the end on the sections (it increases in difficulty). The timer is very tight on some sections and then on others you have loads of time left.

I hope I have covered SOME ground for you guys to help you along. Good Luck to all!

by DeeDee on 02 January 2015 00:19

awesome, you really gave good insight to the SJT...i need to take mine before 3rd of Jan(next tomorrow). Although i Have been practicing with assessment days' SJT which has the effective to ineffective part too I am surprised to hear that JLR's SJT questions are in form of a video. I am a little nervous though. Any suggestion of site to practice JLR type of SJT??

Board index

House rules

Note: All posts and replies to the graduate-jobs.com forums are anonymous. Your identity will not be revealed.

Opinions expressed here are not necessarily the opinions of graduate-jobs.com UK Ltd.