by disaffected youth on 10 October 2012 21:42

What sort of graduate jobs service has nothing for the second highest population, and as far as I'm aware, THE highest unemployment figures in the whole of the UK?!

by Mona on 14 October 2012 09:33

Sad but that is the ultimate true
I recently moved from Birmingham to Folkestone because of the non excising jobs market in Birmingham. It's funny when you search online because it seems that there are plenty of jobs in the 'second largest city' ....however that is absolute rubbish...

by Sarah on 15 October 2012 10:21

In which part of the country are there a lot of jobs though really, apart from London? If anyone has the answer I'm moving there now!

by Terry on 15 October 2012 10:33

Hi,

I feel your frustrations but I have seen quite a few jobs in that area.

What is it you guys want to do?

by Mona on 15 October 2012 12:12

I have a BA Journalism & Media (2:1)
and MA Illustration & Animation (Certificate Stage 1)
and recently finished an online course Business & Admin (Level 2)

...... looking for a simple job in an office tbh

by Mr Happy on 15 October 2012 13:58

A lot of jobs in my are are either London or Bristol, now commuting to london as can't afford to move. I am working for the equivalant of minimum wage very litle work west midlands east midlands, the north unless leeds/manchester if you lucky.

I to would like to work somewhere that is not costing me £ 764 a month in commute

by Fred on 17 October 2012 09:12

@Mr Happy
You might as well rent somewhere down here if you're paying that much train fare? A houseshare will not cost you £764........

by SuperGrad on 18 October 2012 09:59

Just move - get your career started! Stop complaining - find solutions!

by Dumani on 19 October 2012 00:18

I find Manchester has a lot of IT jobs but stay too far from the city although I get a lot of offers their but I do not know other fields but IT seems got a lot of jobs I haven't got one but I have been getting a lot of interviews maybe my interview skills are poor I would like to know where I can get mock interviews etc?

by Amy on 19 October 2012 11:05

Wow thanks, no one ever thought of that..... :)

by Mr Happy on 19 October 2012 13:32

To SuperGrad...
If I could afford to move I would. I am a mature student that went to university due to 2008. My disposable income is £4 a day (gross pay £ 30K) after all expenses so no chance on deposit. I am unable to get credit. Other people may have other circumstances affecting them.

We are not moaning but stating that the country is becoming ghettorised to types of work and industry. I am still getting contacted about work but nothing for the Midlands as a whole. Furthest I've been contacted about a job is Barcelona.

Fred.. house share scares me been living by myself for over 20 yrs, rent for studios around 600 - 700 a month fro zone 2-3.

Reality for me is work London 1 to 2 yrs for the experience then get work more local if possible.

Please note If you have been on benefits for 6 months you may get help once you have a job, I posted the details in a another thread forum link:
http://www.graduate-jobs.com/forum/index.jsp?page=message&forum_id=105&thread_id=3453

by Jamo on 22 October 2012 15:45

Here's a couple of new positions in the Midlands

http://www.graduate-jobs.com/job/it_content_commissioning_editor_graduate_trainee_50553

http://www.graduate-jobs.com/job/publishing_platforms_analyst_graduate_trainee_50554

Board index

House rules

Note: All posts and replies to the graduate-jobs.com forums are anonymous. Your identity will not be revealed.

Opinions expressed here are not necessarily the opinions of graduate-jobs.com UK Ltd.