by Eddy on 31 October 2011 16:01

So, i did a computer science degree and currently looking into doing an it graduate scheme. but i am not sure whether i should go more into technological scheme or just simply it, does anyone know whats available with these schemes?

by Ronald on 04 November 2011 16:41

@Eddy - what you get in your degree? Lots of companies want a 2:1 or 1st.

I have applied for the Jag IT role on the site, really hope I get the job, as I want to stay more technological because that is where my skills are!

In my opinion stay in IT and build on your skills!

by A.Singh on 11 November 2011 12:18

Hi all, for me I don’t highly rate graduate schemes, after graduating in 2010 with a 2:1 in Computer Science I have applied to many graduate schemes to do with IT and Technology but have had no luck. I have had my CV looked at professionally and they rated in 9 out 10, I went along to career events and speaking to HR representatives from certain companies, saying that I seem like the type of person that would fit in to their company and even got coaching through online tests because I thought I was failing them (because companies do not give any feedback). From all of that I still have only had 1 interview for a graduate scheme. I think it may be down to luck if you get on the scheme or who you know rather than what you know. If you think it may be down to experience I did a year’s placement within IT and in the past year have had 4 different IT contracts (on and off over the year). I would suggest that by all means keep applying to graduate schemes but also look for junior or graduate jobs that have potential career progression and where they provide training.

Sorry if I seem to be a downer on the situation and good luck in your applications but I thought you would like to hear my prospective as a recent graduate.

by Navid on 30 November 2011 09:36

Have you tried applying to slightly smaller IT firms too? They have good graduate schemes and I've found they are pretty good, especially if you have more experience than the average graduate, got a few interviews already!

by ojman on 15 December 2011 13:20

Does anyone know the application process for the Logica graduate scheme or have any tips? Interested in applying but want to see how I can prepare for it! Thanks!

by Jon Davis on 16 May 2013 16:22

How can you know which grad scheme to really trust?

Board index

House rules

Note: All posts and replies to the graduate-jobs.com forums are anonymous. Your identity will not be revealed.

Opinions expressed here are not necessarily the opinions of graduate-jobs.com UK Ltd.