by G-baby101 on 20 October 2011 22:14

Went to the Manchester graduate fair today and dare I say it but it was actually quite good. Chatted to RBS and CocaCola and it was actually worth going. First decent chat I've had about my options since leaving Uni.

I went to one at the NEC in Birmingham in the summer and it was a waste of time - total rubbish.

by Michael Larla on 23 October 2011 15:55

I have applied for more than forty Jobs most of them picked me for the first stage and it ends there??? I mean all companies are like this??

by Josh on 24 October 2011 18:03

You're lucky to get that far! Perhaps its worth a re-think on you're stategy in those stages - do you do enough research on the companies? I've found this really important, especially some kind of commercial awareness. Good luck!

by Lauren on 28 October 2011 12:13

Thats what happened to me, I was picked up by lots of companies, I had assessment centres, interview, tests, but thats where it all ended. Now I am thinking how to change my strategy to avoid disapointment in future.

Board index

House rules

Note: All posts and replies to the graduate-jobs.com forums are anonymous. Your identity will not be revealed.

Opinions expressed here are not necessarily the opinions of graduate-jobs.com UK Ltd.