by Simon on 04 October 2011 15:30

Warning to everyone! A mate of mine found out that he got turned down to a job recently as because of the photos he had on facebook! Has anyone else had this? Just to warn you all and make sure you profile is set to private!

by Ali on 05 October 2011 14:48

Wow!

How did your friend find out? I thought it was against the law to do that (well to use it as the reason why they didn't hire them).

Also, more importantly, what was the picture - must of been bad :-)!

I don't think I have anything too bad on my Facebook, well apart from the picture of me with the neighbour's wife (only joking). I have now put my facebook on private (just in case!).

Thanks,

Ali,

by d on 11 October 2011 06:04

Well that's what happens when you post your entire life on the net for any old joker to have a look at, can't say I'm surprised!!

by Emma on 11 October 2011 13:12

But checking social network sites is now pretty much standard practice for a lot of companies, especially larger ones? The trick is to not put that stuff up if you dont want people to see it.....always a good idea to recheck your privacy settings and take down old photos BEFORE applying to jobs.

Board index

House rules

Note: All posts and replies to the graduate-jobs.com forums are anonymous. Your identity will not be revealed.

Opinions expressed here are not necessarily the opinions of graduate-jobs.com UK Ltd.