by FoodGrad on 27 September 2011 15:50

Hello all,

Just wanted to pick your foodie minds.

I have just graduated from a BSc Food and Consumer Studies degree and I'm currently on the look out for a graduate job. I have chef and product development experience within food manufacturing, however I don't particularly want to work in food manufacturing but would love to work in product development/ food product design. Does anybody have any careers advice or know of any companies that I could contact.

by James on 27 September 2011 16:27

hey, I know this is quite hard to get into! I actually came across an assistant product developer role on this site earlier! This isn't the sector i want to get into but just saw your post and thought id give you a heads up as might be worth searching on this site?

by Natalie on 14 October 2011 18:41

Hi :),

I know that Marks and Spencer's Graduate Scheme has just opened and they offer Food Technology and Food Production schemes if this helps you at all?

by Vasco Morais on 19 October 2011 15:49

Hey!! Yeah i think is really hard to get a product development job.. I have a degree in food production and I have been a Chef in some of the best restaurants in Europe and London and even so I am crazy to find a food technology or product development job. If you have any advice where I can find any job of that kind..

Thanks ;)

by Food Grad on 25 October 2011 09:12

Thank you for all your responses.

I'm currently in the process of applying for the M&S product development scheme and I didn't get the Assistant Development role, so I'm still looking for a job.

Does anyone know of any food graduate forums or websites where like minded food grads congregate?

I would be interested to hear from anyone who works in food media i.e. Food styling, writing, photography etc.

Thank you

Board index

House rules

Note: All posts and replies to the graduate-jobs.com forums are anonymous. Your identity will not be revealed.

Opinions expressed here are not necessarily the opinions of graduate-jobs.com UK Ltd.