by Freddie on 12 September 2011 11:36

I applied to this management scheme as this is what I really want to get into! I saw on their site that with their application process, you get to meet a recruiter and talk more about the scheme etc but has anyone done this yet? Just want to know what it is like and whether you have to prepare anything!?

by Roland on 13 September 2011 13:39

I went to a meeting at head office with a recruiter it is competency based if you look at the enterprise website it tells you what they expect from trainers. The best approach is prepare answers to these questions based on your own experience.

by daniel on 15 September 2011 15:38

On the day you should expect a few tasks. Nothing you can prepare for as they just want to see you. There are some very easy maths questions and a few tasks that will question your logic and how you organise things. They day will probably end with a one on one interview. Nothing new will come up. It's just a chance to get to know you.

I started at enterprise just over a year ago and although recruitment is slightly different in the 9 areas of the group it should be similar to what I went through.

by Sam on 16 September 2011 16:46

Thanks for that daniel, whats it like working there? Meeting one of th recruiters soon! Any comments are appreciated!

by daniel on 17 September 2011 06:30

I get a real buzz from working there. My colleagues are all really good friends and we can all have fun and still get the job done. When you first start you will probably work harder than you have before. If you just get your head down and work for the first couple of months you will be alright. The bad parts about the job are that you will work long hours. And when you first start your pay will not reflect the hours you work. But don't worry to much, I'm my 2nd year with the company I am looking at a very healthy pay and it only get better from there.

Any more questions please feel free to ask.

P.s if you arrive at your meeting with you recruiter and talk about wanting a career, you know the hours are long and you realise when you start you will be starting from the bottom (washing cars) then they will most probably invite you back.

by daniel on 17 September 2011 06:31

Where in London are you applying?

by Chloe on 17 October 2012 13:54

I had a very relaxed interview with one of the recruiting managers. She asked me very basic questions relating to the job role. I passed that stage and was through to the branch visit, where I was interviewed by the branch manager (who revealed she had obtained a 2:2 and illustrated how she fast she had progressed with the company). Make sure you are prepared with examples of demonstrating your sales experience, even if you don't have any, use your retail experience to highlight the sales aspects. i.e. daily retail/sales targets your store manager has set, conversion rates of potential customers that walk in to actual buyers. Also prepare and equip yourself with great customer service examples. Most importantly research ERAC and go onto their website to see the main areas of their business revenue e.g. retailing, insurance etc. I did not pass this stage unfortunately as the feel I did not give strong sales examples as everything else was fine. I was encouraged to apply again within 6 months which I am seriously contemplating, they are a very good company to work for.

Board index

House rules

Note: All posts and replies to the graduate-jobs.com forums are anonymous. Your identity will not be revealed.

Opinions expressed here are not necessarily the opinions of graduate-jobs.com UK Ltd.