by Luke on 07 September 2011 12:18

Are the questions in the first round of interviews competency based or are they based on technical questions? Really nervous as will be having an interview for the Shell grad scheme soon!

by Alex on 07 September 2011 19:53

The telephone interview is very detailed, you will be asked many competency questions: about your chosen career preference, a difficult situation, when you had a disagreement in a team, explaining a complicated issue. You should know a lot about the company do not go into this interview blind.

by Luke on 09 September 2011 12:33

Yeah i've done a lot of research on them and have prepared a lot for this! I just hope its enough! Sounds pretty intense though. Have you done/got a telephone interview or interview?

by Alex on 13 September 2011 11:38

I had a telephone interview for the 2011 intake and made it through to the final stage, but Shell had already filled the 2011 intake so I couldn't complete the final assessment, I'm still annoyed about that, as they were very professional up until that point, and now they have informed me that I'm unable to apply for 2012!!

Just stay calm whilst you are on the phone, make sure that your notes are laid out neatly in front of you and don't be afraid to ask for time to think about an answer if you can't think of one. Good luck

by JayK on 10 April 2012 13:07

Ah that's unlucky! All I would say is do your research through and through! I know that is easy to say but believe me, that is your way to impress!

Board index

House rules

Note: All posts and replies to the graduate-jobs.com forums are anonymous. Your identity will not be revealed.

Opinions expressed here are not necessarily the opinions of graduate-jobs.com UK Ltd.