by Rusty on 24 May 2012 02:00

Hello im 21 and going back to education soon for a two-year course so i can get into uni... its a pretty easy course. i was just wondering from all of u guys out there. would it be better to take my C.A.T while i am studying in those two years before uni?? or is it all the same-thing (degree in accountancy vs C.A.T)... The university course i will be applying for will involve a 40weeks work-based learning. so will tht better my chances of getting a better work-based learning job.

basically whats the difference between BA accounting and Certified Accounting Technician.

and does it help to have both of them?? or is it like white bread and brown bread??

by Ania on 30 May 2012 08:45

Hi Rusty,

Don't bother with the Uni if you don't plan to work for Big4. Go for the professional qualification, CAT, ACCA whatever but don't waste time by going to higher education. It doesn't help!

If you want to get a job quickly, do CAT and get some work experience, e.g. internship.

A

Board index

House rules

Note: All posts and replies to the graduate-jobs.com forums are anonymous. Your identity will not be revealed.

Opinions expressed here are not necessarily the opinions of graduate-jobs.com UK Ltd.