by Maaike Veen on 18 August 2011 12:43

Dear graduates,
I'm the London-based correspondent for Belgium newspaper De Standaard (www.standaard.be) and for a pan-European series about unemployment I'm looking to speak to one of you who face major difficulties finding a job because of the poor economy. It would involve a 20 minute telephone call discussing your job search and prospects and you should be willing to have your picture taken by a photographer.
I hope one of you would like to speak about your plight to highlight the difficulties your generation is facing.
Please contact me at maaike.veen@gmail.com.
Many thanks in advance,
Maaike

by Zahir on 22 August 2011 02:36

Hi there,

I also sent this message as an email, don't know if you've had the opportunity to read your emails yet.

Hello Maaike,

I am contacting you in response to your recent post on Graduate-jobs.com. I have recently graduated from university with an Upper 2:1 degree in BA (hons) Retail Business Management. My degree is accredited by The University of Birmingham, and despite it being a well recognised university, I am having great difficulty in finding a job right now.

Since a young age I have been extremely ambitious and aware of the shape of the economy and as a result, have been trying to gain as much experiences as I can instead of having just 1 set job since the age of 16. As well as this, I thought starting a small business whilst studying at university would put me in good light infront of potential employers in the future as it shows how ambitious I am, my willingness to work hard and my determination to succeed. As well as this, I thought it would show my ability to use my own initiative and work towards deadlines. All of which would hopefully increase my possibility of landing a decent graduate job, however despite having all these skills, experiences and educational background, I am still finding it extremely difficult to find a job.

So as a result, I am deciding to go back to my cleaning business which I started whilst at university to see how that goes, until I land a job.

I would love the opportunity to be featured in your article and look forward to hearing from you very soon.

I can be reached via a reply to this email or if you wish, I can contact you via phone?

Thanks

Board index

House rules

Note: All posts and replies to the graduate-jobs.com forums are anonymous. Your identity will not be revealed.

Opinions expressed here are not necessarily the opinions of graduate-jobs.com UK Ltd.