by Victoria on 17 August 2011 12:57

Hi,
I'd very much like to break into the tourism/leisure management industry and I'd like advice on how to go about it. My degree is not related to this subject, but I have worked in this industry at a low level. I am now a retail manager-is there an efficient way to shift between fields?

by Ashley on 01 September 2011 17:19

I have recently graduated with a management & leisure degree and have applied to a number of jobs within that area like the Mitchells & Buttlers retail graduate scheme. I was looking for any management positions for gyms etc but as a manager and some lower levels of management you need to have specific fitness qualifications (even a life guard cert) as they often do a variety of different things. I've been told that I'd need to start within sales/memberships as a way in but this is just what i've found out so i'm not sure what you would need to do from being within retail?

Board index

House rules

Note: All posts and replies to the graduate-jobs.com forums are anonymous. Your identity will not be revealed.

Opinions expressed here are not necessarily the opinions of graduate-jobs.com UK Ltd.