by Rich on 16 August 2011 08:28

Hi I am interested to get into Management in the future, however I only seem to hear about retail management which is not something which appeals to me.

Does anybody have any suggestions/Recommend any schemes which are popular for this career path?

Much Appreciated!

by Luke on 30 August 2011 15:55

I have applied to the BT Business Management scheme if it is of any help? I have been told that this is a good scheme to get onto. I am also interested in technology and so have also applied to Unilever for their Business & Technology management scheme too as this also interests me, I have seen others too which I think I will apply for!

by franckytshibangu on 30 August 2011 18:30

hi out there, graduated in management but have not any experience on the field, it is becoming difficult for me to get a job what should I do?

by Anthony on 31 August 2011 10:05

Yeah im in the same position as you! ive applied to so many positions and not getting anywhere at all so ive just been working part time to get some cash and working for free in some places for experience. Its annoying really but im not sure what else to do?

by Ben on 27 September 2011 13:45

ive just been doing internships whilst applying to jobs as i have no experience either, i guess its better being productive whilst searching right?

by Rich on 28 March 2012 15:01

I'm doing an internship too to gain experience as I didn't really do much at uni! but I do think that the dream job as such won't come straight away, it takes time,like a long journey in order to get there. just a question of keeping positive!

by KellyJ on 18 April 2012 10:38

I'm doing the Enterprise Rent-a-car management graduate scheme and loving it! Has everything I want in a job, recommend it to everyone!:-)

by Chloe on 19 April 2012 12:56

Hi Kelly

I have a phone interview for Enterprise on Friday! Can you give me any advice or tips for the assessment process please. Would really appreciate it.
Thanks.

by sami on 24 April 2012 09:14

HI

Iam in the same position, I did a BSc in 07 and an MSc in 11 and still finding it hard to find a job, even a voluntary position, can anyone help?

by Lucy on 24 April 2012 12:09

Hi guys,

I'm finding that the large companies such as BT are asking for much more than some of the smaller companies. Their ucas points requirements, degree requirements and work experience requirements are much greater than smaller companies.

You have to start somewhere and it doesn't necessarily need to be in a huge firm. Get some experience in a smaller firm and then take that and apply to larger firms.

Also get your CV out there.

Good Luck

Board index

House rules

Note: All posts and replies to the graduate-jobs.com forums are anonymous. Your identity will not be revealed.

Opinions expressed here are not necessarily the opinions of graduate-jobs.com UK Ltd.