by DaveKerry on 10 April 2012 13:02

I quite like the Royal Mail Operations graduate scheme advertised - just trying to find out whether anyone has gone through the process and can offer and tips of any kind? For me, I think it offers the best challenges and will be applying but just wanted to know your thoughts!

by Char on 10 April 2012 23:20

I would love some tips too! I got through to the test and personality stages (for the Commercial scheme) and now I'm waiting to hear back to see whether I secured a phone interview...has anyone else who has applied for Commercial heard anything?

And Dave, I read up on some people's experiences who have previously done the Operations scheme and people's experiences at the Assessment centres etc.

by ALI on 12 April 2012 17:40

Hey Char

I am also waitinf 4 their reply after personality test and its more than 4 weeks now i just received an email that they will contact u soon. how long u been waiting for and yeah i applied for finance.

by Sharn on 13 April 2012 15:50

Hi,

I have applied for the Commercial Grad scheme, I waited for over 4 weeks to find out whether I made it thought to the telephone interview, only heard today.

I have been looking all over the website and other forums for advice from previous applicants but it seems that everyone else who has applied as gone for operations.

What everyone else’s experiences been?

by Char on 14 April 2012 21:10

Ali: I've only been waiting just over 2 and a half weeks so I guess I've got a bit longer to wait still! Perhaps you will hear soon like Sharn has

Sharn: I feel the same too, i've searched the net to find any information from past applicants or those that made it onto the Commercial scheme and I haven't been able to find anything at all. Maybe it's deliberate though

by Student89 on 25 April 2012 14:50

Hi everyone. I did my personality test last Thursday and booked my phone interview today so basically about 5/6 days before I heard about it. Has anyone had their phone interview yet?

by Charlotte1991 on 01 May 2012 13:31

Hey Guys, I also passed the initial online tests and I took the personality one on the 11th April, so thats 3 weeks now and I still haven't heard back. Sounds like they are taking a while though so hopefully I will hear soon.
For those of you who have got telephone interviews good luck! How soon do they arrange the time and date of that with you?

by Tracey on 19 May 2012 12:11

Hey Guys,
I heard the assessment will involve Role play, group discussion and case study. Please do you have any idea! Thanks.

by Alexandra Baines on 22 May 2012 12:04

Hey Everyone,

Just thought I would share my experiences with the Royal Mail FINANCE Graduate Scheme.

I applied at the start of this year, and the first few stages (online) were processed pretty quickly. Once I had been successful with the on-line stages, it then took about 2 weeks to confirm a date for the telephone interview. The telephone interview was then booked for approximately two weeks after the confirmation. So roughly a month between finishing the online application and completing the telephone interview.

The telephone interview was quite demanding as it lasted for about 30-40 minutes. Approximately a week before the telephone interview was due to take place, I was emailed with a list of 5 competencies such as Strategy and Commercial Awareness but no other form of explanation. So I assumed that I would be asked to provide an example of how I demonstrated each of the competencies at a point in my working or academic life.

To an extent this was true, and it was the basic form of the telephone interview, however they did ask specific questions for certain competencies. And they also included questions that did not revolve around the competencies. They obviously wanted to test your ability on how to think on the spot etc.

My telephone interview took place on the 12th of April and I was expecting to hear back within a week or so to confirm the results. However, I had waited over a month to hear back and it was only about a week ago that they confirmed that I had been successful and had reached the assessment centre. Therefore, don't be expecting to hear back straight away at any point of the process.

I now have to wait another month until the assessment centre, which is due to take place on the 18th of June. I'm guessing there will be various dates for the assessment days depending on which scheme you are applying for.

I am really interested in this job, and really hope I am successful. I just wish the process had have been quicker so that I know where I stand job wise.

I wish everyone all the luck with the process. And if anyone is going to the Finance Assessment Day on the 18th of June, please get in contact!

by David on 25 May 2012 14:45

Hi Alexandra,

Thank you so much for this post!

I should hopefully be having my telephone interview soon, and the fact that you posted up some tips and advice on here has really helped with my preparation.

Good luck with your Assessment Centre! Any advice from that would also be amazing.

Thanks!

by Suzie on 05 June 2012 19:35

I have the assessment centre for the Operations programme on 12th June. Any one experienced the assessment centre? Any ideas on what we should know for the interview? Thanks!

by jimmy on 09 June 2012 10:59

it is the royal mail remember, no wonder they are taking 4 weeks

by Sheik on 09 June 2012 17:42

Hi Suzie......

I got my assessment on 12th june for the operations...at leeds.....where is yours goin on......bit tensed.....on howz the day goin to be...lot of surprises or ... i need some assistance on role play...and the case studies.......is anyone got any clue?????

by Bob on 12 June 2012 13:48

Rather annoying that people who can't even spell or use grammar correctly seem to get more opportunities than myself.

by muhammad on 12 June 2012 14:05

Well done every one .i did not go through assessment any idea howto prepare test and assessment.
thanks

by Shay on 14 June 2012 10:00

Hi All,

I have my assessment day on the 22nd, (next week) for the Commercial Grad scheme. I am a little nervous, as I not sure what to expect really. The note that they have sent me are very brief... Has anyone else had their assessment day yet, or could give me any pointers?
Also is there anyone else who will be attending the Assessment Centre next week?

Shay

by Delma on 20 June 2012 07:38

Hello Shay,
I have my Assessment centre too same day with you. I know how you feel, I feel same too. Hopefully we will get through everything. I really do not know what to expect though. I wish someone will explain to us what to expect before that day.

by Shay on 25 June 2012 13:53

Hello Dilma,

How did your Assessment Day go?
I think you may have been in the second group in the afternoon?
I think it went well for me, now I guess it’s just a ‘wait and see’ situation.
I found the interview ok, although that was the bit I was most concerned about, the group exercise went well, and the case study was tough.
What did you make of it? Did they tell you any timescales by which we would hear if we were successful?

by ganatuts on 15 March 2013 06:45

Board index

House rules

Note: All posts and replies to the graduate-jobs.com forums are anonymous. Your identity will not be revealed.

Opinions expressed here are not necessarily the opinions of graduate-jobs.com UK Ltd.