by ChrisM on 13 August 2011 16:59

Hi

Off Chiswick On the 19th for an initial Interview with Foxtons. I'm up for it as I want to get into property and the seem to be the biggest and strongest brand in the market.

Anyone know what I'm likely to expect?

Ta.

by Nick on 23 August 2011 15:26

Hi mate, what was the interview like? I've got one next Tues. Thanks.

by ChrisM on 25 August 2011 16:09

Its was good, the head offices were like nothing I have been to before...its a little bit like entering an arena (you'll see when you get there) but in a good way. There was a really good buzz about the place which I also havent seen in some of the other interviews I've been to. I havent been to a trading floor but it had that feel about it...occasional shout and clapping - it was exciting and I think I'd fit in with that sort of atmosphere.

We were given a presentation and then did some group and individual tasks and that's about it.

Good luck. Let me know how you get on.

by louise on 26 August 2011 10:50

I had the assessment day last month and got the job. Don't worry about it, it's really easy. Just make sure you are chatty and have big smiles for everyone. Meet as many of the people as you can and try and show your personality - don't be too professional and serious. They will ask questions like why foxtons? and just say how they are leading brand, (almost like a high st name) exciting and dynamic company etc etc...

by Hayley on 10 January 2012 17:26

I have my interview at the Chiswick office next week.
Can anyone give me an idea of the questions they ask or what they are really looking for in a candidate. It will be me and only two other hopefulls so i need to impress.
Any advice at all would be greatly appriciated !
Thank you

by Samantha on 12 January 2012 09:52

Hi Hayley,
I have a friend who works in that Foxtons & another who went for an interview.
The people are all very lovely if you read the above post they give you some great points, be confident, professional but to serious & enthusiastic & try to find a little out about Foxtons ie it's the leading market etc, just look on there websit

Good luck

by J on 14 January 2012 18:24

I went to an interview day last year. Started with some general form filling , then a quick presentation on foxtons. This was followed by a bit of mingling session, As individuals are called from the group to do individual interviews the rest r left to mingle with around 5 foxtons employees to tell them what they're about and try to get there personality over to the foxtons staff.

I personally didn't enjoy the process, I think the staff walked around thinking they were the dogs bollocks and were very pretentious, but this is just my opinion. From talking to the staff it seemed like the interviews happen almost weekly, and from my group of 20ish they were lookin to fill one posistion. It seemed like a cool place to work though with a great atmosphere. I personally didnt like the more senior staff doing the interviews and got a sense of elitism / snoberry on there behalf . Needless to say I didn't get a role, but not bitter haha

by Lucinda on 18 January 2012 16:45

Talk about career progression and development and dress very professionally.

by Jack69wallop on 20 March 2012 08:33

Had and interview earlier in the month with Foxtons...they offered me a job! Start on the 9th April.

Chuffed.

Took some doing...applied to lots of related things but glad to finally be doing something with some path and direction. I graduated in 2011. I know its going to be tough but I'm ready. The fear of having to go back to what I was doing before is a strong motivator.

Thanks for the tips here.

by Raj on 16 September 2012 21:32

Hi,

Ive got my interview on the 18th September, after reading the comments about the amount of people they interview im incredibly nervous now.

:/

by mia on 28 November 2012 16:10

I went to one, how long do they take to reply

by Nails on 30 November 2012 15:13

hey,

Just wondering after the presentation and the one-on-one interview, what happens?

Do they ring you straight away or how does it work?

Also Congrats

Thanks

by shweta on 16 August 2014 13:25

Hi just got call from recruitment team..!! Any idea what they ask in phone interview.Thanks in advance.

by Ryan on 18 August 2014 09:08

Hi Shweta,

This might be for a different job but there's some clues of what questions they ask: http://www.graduate-jobs.com/scheme/foxtons/interview

Board index

House rules

Note: All posts and replies to the graduate-jobs.com forums are anonymous. Your identity will not be revealed.

Opinions expressed here are not necessarily the opinions of graduate-jobs.com UK Ltd.