by JasonM on 26 March 2012 17:35

Hi everyone - I just wanted to know what your thoughts were on giving your Facebook login details to an interviewer. Has anyone done it? Personally, I think it's a violation of your personal space but it is on the rise! I mean, if you have been looking for jobs for months and months then surely you would be desperate to get that job and so do what they ask? Not sure what i'll do in that case!

by James on 27 March 2012 12:55

never! They do not have the right to invade your privacy like that, it also raises two questions. why do they want it, and what gives them the right to ask for it ?

by Jack on 27 March 2012 19:54

Absolutely no chance. This should never happen, and they should never ask for it.

I can't believe this has even happened!

by Alex on 28 March 2012 22:50

I don't think any respectable company would do something like that. The only thing that comes to my mind is maybe they are trying to test how you are going to deal with such a situation. Be polite and explain that this is your private life. Are you applying to FBI ? :-)

by Gareth on 01 April 2012 17:32

Absolutely, categorically not. There is no way they should even ask this question, but as always just be polite but firm, maybe ask them to justify why they would even ask for it.

Board index

House rules

Note: All posts and replies to the graduate-jobs.com forums are anonymous. Your identity will not be revealed.

Opinions expressed here are not necessarily the opinions of graduate-jobs.com UK Ltd.