by John on 04 August 2011 13:02

Hello, I am considering a career in accountancy but wondered what the options are after obtaining a degree? Do you have to become chartered?

by Harry on 04 August 2011 13:14

Hi John, I think you do need to become chartered. I know of some like CIMA or ACCA that you can use!

by Muna on 14 September 2011 00:24

Hi John,
In order to be successful in the accountancy field, you will need an accounting qualification.
Do you currently have a degree from a finance/accounting background? If so that will help in becoming a chartered accountant as you will most likely have exemptions from some of the exams. If not, not to worry! If you begin a career in accountancy, usually the firm will cover the costs of the exams, so within about 3 years working for the firm, you can become a qualified accountant. The type of qualification you take depends on the firm you work for; if you work at a proffesional services firm you will most likely study towards an ACA or ACCA qualification or if you work for a finance department of a firm you will most likely study to qualify as a management accountant (CIMA, though it depends on the firm, they could offer ACA or ACCA). They are all good qualifications but will require hard work. Usually companies are helpful and understand it is hard work and offer study leave.

by mina on 29 September 2012 17:06

Hi
When is the best time to start applying for graduate jobs in 2013. Would applying by mid-October be too late?

by Scott on 02 October 2012 10:45

Hi Mina,

2013 graduate schemes are traditionally open from September through to late October or November. So now is a good time to start applying!

Board index

House rules

Note: All posts and replies to the graduate-jobs.com forums are anonymous. Your identity will not be revealed.

Opinions expressed here are not necessarily the opinions of graduate-jobs.com UK Ltd.