by Andrew on 04 August 2011 12:53

For me, the recent comparethemarket.com's marketing campaign is great! A lot of people said that after the original meerkat campaign, the novelty would just go but they have proved that wrong with the give away toy meerkat's etc and the big push of this via TV and Billboards etc! I think its pretty good, certainly made me laugh when I saw a huge billboard of the meerkat's the other day! What do you think?

by Claire on 04 August 2011 13:12

I LOVE that advert! For me though, I think it's all about the cool guerilla marketing! For instance, Vodka Temptation went to an airport and put a near empty crate of temptation with one bottle in it, but emphasising the box had been opened etc. They placed on a conveyor belt and of course people saw it going around, tempted to get the last one! Thought that was a brilliant idea!

by Jonathan on 11 August 2011 13:28

@Andrew - have you got one of their cuddly toys? quite a good idea! Apparently, you can buy these from Asda now!

by Nicholas on 12 August 2011 10:24

...what you can get them in Asda?!? Doesn't that go against the point of their marketing plan..to get an exclusive toy from using their site?

You are right great marketing plan! So much better than all the other insurance comparison sites.

by Claire on 17 August 2011 10:44

Oh really!? You're right, it does defeat the point! Having said that Nicholas, although go compare have a really annoying campaign, does it work for you? For me I think it annoys me so much that I won't ever use it!

by Matt on 12 December 2011 16:21

Got to love Innocent's big knit campaign to raise money for AgeUK. People send in hand knitted little hats they've made for the smoothie bottles and you get one free with every smoothie you buy.

I just think it's such a powerful campaign because it has the product appeal (trust me if you saw a little strawberry hat on an Innocent bottle you'd probably be tempted to buy it), but it also generates massive online attention because each individual knitter then acts as an ambassador for the company... posting pictures on their Facebook, linking in Innocent smoothies and tagging friends and family to show off their own knitting etc.

by KateH on 12 April 2012 17:08

Those compare the market adverts are back again, love them!

by Aisling O'Donnell on 07 June 2012 14:33

I love the You're not yourself when you're hungry Snickers campaign. I met the guy who worked with it and they used celebrities twitter's to market it before it came out and had Katie Price talking about the state of the economy as a 'not yourself' thing. Not to mention that after seeing the Joan Collins ad I was laughing for about 10 minutes!

Board index

House rules

Note: All posts and replies to the graduate-jobs.com forums are anonymous. Your identity will not be revealed.

Opinions expressed here are not necessarily the opinions of graduate-jobs.com UK Ltd.