by R Prints on 04 January 2015 20:31

Hi Guys,

Going through a downer, I graduated in late 2012 and haven't been in a job within my degree sector; IT.

After university I went a road trip around Europe. In 2013, I started applying to some jobs but no luck. I then went on 2 holidays but had a bad car accident when I came back. I was bed bound for a few months.

In 2014 I did a lot, set up a side business, went on 2 holidays and worked hard enough to get my dream car:)

But now I really want a job in IT!

Any help is appriciated:)

by Gradstrategy on 01 June 2015 18:50

Hi R Prints,

I.T. is such a vast discipline. What degree do you have and what part of IT would you like to work in and how have you ensured your skills in the discipline are current?

by Chris on 09 July 2015 11:17

Hay R Prints, your name sounds pretty cool. In the IT sector there's alot going on, and always will be as technology keeps evolving. It is wise to remind yourself that some IT jobs will see a reform in the future, like web designers, there's already 10+ websites that can build a website for you in minutes, with SEO already implemented and so on. Start off as a Junior Web Developer or IT technician to see if you even want a career in this field, you might find out working with computers and constantly indoors might not be for you..

Read this:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/391911/15.01.05._UKCES_Career_Brochure_V13_reduced.pdf

Board index

House rules

Note: All posts and replies to the graduate-jobs.com forums are anonymous. Your identity will not be revealed.

Opinions expressed here are not necessarily the opinions of graduate-jobs.com UK Ltd.