Tech City StarsTech City Stars
Tech City Stars provides a structured process that helps businesses in the tech sector to connect with young Londoners. Based in Aldgate East, we work with young people every day to prepare them for and help them succeed in jobs in tech.
Every Tech City Star follows a similar journey. This starts with our pre Apprenticeship course, Reboot Camp. Reboot Camp is a fully accredited full-time work preparation course which runs for two weeks. The programme is designed to mimic a working day, and gives us the chance to get to know our candidates, to help them develop their skills and to introduce them to employers.
Key benefits include:
- Meet with employers, find out about their jobs and companies
- Improve your business knowledge with special sessions from partners
- Practice and perfect your interview technique before the real thing
- Make friends, meet new people, build networks and have fun
- Gain a Level 1 Certificate in Employability Skills
(To apply for a place on Reboot Camp visit our website: Reboot Camp)
The first three months of the Apprenticeship is spent studying Core Business Skills. The next ten months Stars work with their employer to decide which technical elective they are going to study. All Stars are expected to attend evening classes twice a week from 18:00 – 20:00.
The three electives are:
- Digital and Creative
- IT Support and Networks
- Web and Software Development
(Full details on the qualifications can be found on our website: Course Information)
For further information on Tech City Stars, please visit our website.