Morrisons - Morrisons - Retail Graduate Scheme Interview Questions & Answers
Difficulty rating 6 / 10
- Positive 7/8
- Neutral 1/8
- Negative 0/8
Morrisons - Retail Graduate Scheme
Difficulty rating 40.0 / 100
Interview process1. Submit your CV and answer additional questions on Morrison's website
2. Invited to complete situational strengths test
3. Was successful and then invited to complete verbal and numeracy tests
4. Passed the tests and then invited for video interview - this was a video interview where questions come up on the screen you have 30 seconds to a minute to prepare and then 1 to 2 minutes to answer the questions. The questions asked were why did you apply to Morrisons, why are you attracted to the scheme and then some competency questions (that are in line with their core values such as one team, fresh thinking) and then a couple of scenario questions (again answer these questions in a way that shows you have their core values) and then two minutes at the end to talk about anything you want - I spoke about why I was right for the role and a great candidate.
5. After the video interview I received an email inviting me to the assessment day, the assessment day was from 9am to 3pm, and involved a one to one interview, group task, group presentation, buddy conversation, networking lunch and a tour around a Morrison's store.
6. Few days after the assessment day, I received a phone call from the graduate recruiter given me all detailed feedback and offering me the offer of a place on their Retail Graduate Scheme!!!
Most difficult question"Give an example of when you have brought out someones individuality?"
"What are opportunities would you seize within your first three months at Morrisons?"
"How do you react when you are faced with rapid change?"
Interview tipsOverall, the whole process was really good and at the assessment day the assessors were really nice and made you feel really relaxed and enjoy the day. My advice would be prepare for all types of questions such as strength, competency and scenario based and why Morrison's, why retail and make sure you answer in a way that is specific to the company not generic, as that will make you stand out.
Also, from my impression Morrison's core values are very important to them and you can tell this from the assessment day - make sure you know their values inside out, what they mean to them and show them throughout the assessment day such as their one team value - constantly show support for the other candidates and team work.
Finally, just be yourself as that way if you get the job you know that company is right for you and your personality and you will culturally fit - which from my experience with graduate interviews this is the main thing that they want and they want you to be passionate about the company and the role.
Experiences at the assessment centre1. Group task - given the task on pitching two new projects as a part of a group presentation, an assessor watches you as a group when you're discussing how you are going to work together, find out information and how you come up with those ideas and work together.
2. One to one interview - competency and scenario based questions and questions about yourself (education and strengths). Nice and relaxed interview and if you prepare for questions and answer in line with Morrison's core values, you will be fine.
3. Networking lunch - talking to all the assessors (about 8 assessors) and other candidates (about 10 other candidates).
4. Presentation - Prepare presentation as a group, give the presentation together as a group and asked questions at the end by the assessor on your ideas and final conclusions. I would say this is the hardest part of the assessment day, as their are strict time limits on the presentation slides and you're being observed by 5 assessors, which can be quite intimidating, but just remember to relax and be yourself.
5. Buddy conversation - you are paired up with one other candidate and observed by an assessor having a conversation on looking back at the day and how you could improve, what you did well and giving your buddy tips and support.
- Group / Panel
- Senior Management
- Verbal reasoning
- Assessment centre
- Group excercise
- Background check
- Competency based questions
There are 3 stages pre-assessment centre: 1. Online application form, including competency question
First was a phone interview which was questions about work experience and why I wanted the job. Then
The initial phone interview lasted around 40 minutes, including time at the end for me to ask questi
After completing the online application, I received a letter inviting me to attend a group interview
The competency based interview included questions on the role- what do you understand about merchand
The first interview was a one way interview by Hirevue, where questions popped up on screen, you wou
Rate your interview for for a chance to win £100.