HMRC - Internal Audit Graduate Programme Interview Questions & Answers
Difficulty rating 4 / 10
- Positive 2/3
- Neutral 1/3
- Negative 0/3
Internal Audit Graduate Programme
Difficulty rating 40.0 / 100
Interview processThe application process began with an application form asking for personal details as well as standard competency based questions such as giving an example of working as a team etc. The second stage were online verbal and numerical reasoning tests which were timed, you had about 90 seconds to read the initial information and 30-60 seconds to answer each question. The third stage was an online personality test based on a ranking system where you would say which of the sentences matched you the most. Then came the assessment day which included an interview with 2 people lasting approximately 40-50 minutes. I was asked mostly competency based questions.
Most difficult questionWhat do you think the grestest challenges of the role will be?
Interview tipsI would suggest practicing competency based questions before hand, don't worry too much about specifics for that job they were quite general questions.
Experiences at the assessment centreThe assessment day was a one day event which was split into 4 sections:
1. The interview - I was interviewed by 2 people for about 40 minutes and asked fairly general questions, nothing too specific such as give an example of overcoming a setback as well as talking about why I wanted the role and why I had chosen this one specifically.
2. The Presentation - I was given a scenario where I had to look at 3 options, weigh the pros and cons then give feedback to 2 people and give my recommendation, 40 minutes to prepare and 10 minutes to present followed by a short Q&A session.
3. The Group Exercise - We were given 10 minutes to individually choose and rank a set of options, while remaining within budget and then given 40 minutes to discuss and come to a conclusion about which options would be best and the order of them.
4. The Written Exercise - I was given 90 minutes to read a scenario and complete exercises based on this scenario using only the information given and having to work out the finances included.
- Group / Panel
- Senior Management
- Verbal reasoning
- Assessment centre
- Group excercise
- Background check
- Competency based questions
-Online Application: Competency based questions about your experiences so far followed by a numerica
The application process began with an application form which asked general questions such as why acc
After getting thru the online stages (application form, numerical reasoning followed by critical thi
Application started with competency questions, very typical: describe a time when you have: team wor
My initial contact was via email after I had submitted my application which asked me a number of que
My interview was a one on one interview with a member of their graduate recruitment team, the interv
Rate your interview for for a chance to win £100.