Willis Towers Watson - Talent & Reward Graduate Programme
- Competitive + benefits
- South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Yorkshire, Nationwide
- Apply by:
- 1st February 2019
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
The greatest asset of most organisations is their people. In an era of rapidly-developing technology, greater workforce mobility and increasing customer demands, having a cohesive human capital strategy is crucial for business success.
In Talent & Rewards, we help clients deliver strong business results by ensuring that they have the right people in the right places, doing the right things, at the right cost. Through a combination of advice, data and software, we deliver solutions that help organisations improve their business performance through their people.
Our clients are varied – we advise organisations across all industries, from financial services to retail, telecommunications and energy. In the UK, we advise many of the world’s leading and largest companies and often interact with our offices around the world to provide a truly global service offering. We provide invaluable advice to businesses at some of the most exciting and critical moments in their lifecycle, when employee engagement and retention is crucial.
Graduates on our Talent & Reward Consulting Graduate Programme have the opportunity to work across both our Talent and our Reward lines of business. If you have a specific interest in either Talent or Reward, you should apply for either the Talent Consulting Graduate Programme or the Reward Consulting Graduate Programme respectively.
*** Please note that we do not accept multiple applications and you should only select and apply to one programme per year***
Closing Date: 1 February 2019
As a Talent & Reward graduate, you will work as part of a team on a wide variety of complex projects, serving as a key resource for the leading consultant on each of your engagements. You will be encouraged to develop as broad an understanding of our client solutions as possible by supporting across multiple, complex projects. You will have immediate exposure to real client assignments, which will draw on your imagination and creativity as well as your ability to analyse data, draw conclusions and present results. These experiences will help build your technical knowledge and overall industry experience while you benefit from more structured formal training.
As you grow and gain more expertise, you will become a key contact for the client and gradually begin to take responsibility for deliverables and client relationships across a range of sectors and geographies. You will work alongside some of the industry’s top consultants on cross-industry client projects including many household names: FTSE 100 and 250 clients, privately-held companies and public service organisations.
Typical work for a Talent & Reward Analyst might include:
• Supporting total rewards and benefit engagement campaigns, including
writing the content and developing ideas for the brand.
• Conducting reviews of executive pay design to ensure they are competitive and support drivers of attraction, retention and engagement.
• Developing pay philosophy, salary structure design, pay ranges and pay-for-performance analysis.
• Conducting a review of talent management processes and programmes, including succession planning, to create a culture that attracts, motivates and retains the right talent.
• Developing pension communication strategies and materials designed to grab attention, build employee engagement and drive behaviour change.
• Planning key change management activities and milestones for major projects, including organisational restructuring and HR transformation.
• Global grade levelling (utilising our propriety methodology), an analytical process that determines the relative value of roles in an organisation, providing the absolute foundations for reward and talent management processes.
• Providing Remuneration Committee Support, advising on executive compensation strategy.
• Assisting clients with Directors’ Remuneration Report drafting.
• Articulating the knowledge, skills and behaviours required by our clients’ employees to perform successfully and develop their careers.
• Supporting to develop annual engagement surveys, used for workforce analytics and planning.
• Running compensation risk assessments utilising our industry-leading compensation software tools.
• Designing and implementing career frameworks, developing job families and role profiles.
• Designing, modelling and implementing high-impact sales incentive programmes, clarifying sales processes, roles and sales organisational design.
• Identifying opportunities with clients to support them with employee experience and workplace wellness projects, including both financial wellness, mental wellness and physical wellness.
• Supporting on career architecture projects, including uncovering the capabilities required for leadership and manager effectiveness.
• Using technology to advance listening strategies, including running virtual focus groups to gain insight from a large group of employees, analysing the output and using conclusions to inform future approach.
• Working with companies to understand and qualify their compensation strategy using data analytics, regulatory research and financial trends.
• Supporting clients with corporate governance, regulatory reviews and trends updates.
• Providing clients with market benchmarking on a number of pay elements including base pay, executive benefits, short and long-term incentive plans and total reward, using a variety of sources such as disclosed data and survey data.
You are required to have good problem-solving and analytical skills, as well as excellent communication skills, as you will be interacting with clients from the beginning.
Qualifications and Training
We have a focussed 12-month training programme for graduates joining Talent & Rewards, which is called LEAP. LEAP is designed to give you an insight into our business, and help you develop the consulting, practical and technical skills you need to succeed at Willis Towers Watson.
We continue to invest in our people and you will have regular opportunities for training throughout your career with us – both on the job and through more formal classroom sessions. Consultants are not required to have a particular qualification; therefore the wide variety of external qualifications we do support are determined by the needs of the business and the individual’s interests.
•Minimum 2:1 degree in any discipline
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more on our website.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.
Willis Towers Watson believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices. We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.
Start date for the UK Graduate Programme will be the end of August / early September 2019.
Sign up for job alerts - its free