Our client is one of the fastest growing companies in the UK. They were set up in 2010 and have turned the finance world on its head. They are a marketplace where investors (people like you and I) can fund business loans. They’re taking on the global banking system and finding a better way for businesses to borrow and investors to lend, by connecting them together. They are helping small businesses to grow, creating thousands of jobs across the UK and changing the lives of business owners, and at the same time helping investors earn a return on their hard-earned money.
They’re one of the fastest growing startups in the world with teams in London, San Francisco, Berlin and Amsterdam. They have raised more than £250 million from the same people who backed Twitter, Facebook and Skype.
• Are you…curious, energetic, hard-working and a team player?
• Do you enjoy working with numbers and love 'thinking outside the box' to solve problems?
• Do you have a proven track record of great time management, being accurate and detail oriented?
• Are you a strong written and verbal communicator?
• Can you be concise but get a point across?
• Do you work hard, learn fast, and do whatever it takes to get the job done, but you know how to let your hair down on a Friday (or Thursday) night?
• Do you speak up and have plenty of ideas but are interested in hearing other peoples too?
• Are you looking to take your first steps towards a career within an innovative financial technology company?
If you answered "Yes!" to all of the above, read on.
This is an graduate position suitable to someone who is analytical, curious, a team player and keen to get started on their career within the company. Joining the Underwriting Assistants team, your role will be fast paced, high volume and full of opportunities to learn how the company operates.
Your main tasks will include (but are not limited to):
• Preparing documents for underwriters to review
• Undertaking searches on companies and their directors
• Inputting financial accounts submitted by businesses
• Populating advanced credit scoring models
• Emailing borrowers that their loan application has been successful
• And finally, uploading the successful applications to our website for investors to review
In addition to this, we actively try to give the team exposure to a variety of different tasks. These range from data entry and analysis, to larger projects.
Typical examples are:
• Reviewing our competitors activity Explaining and teaching new starters from across the business what the team does
• Liaising with product and tech teams to ensure new product launches go smoothly
• Quality control work - highlighting, analysing and resolving errors
• We hope that you will grow into your role and find your own areas to improve upon
• You will be working within a dynamic and very social company which places emphasis on continued growth and learning.
• We encourage exposure to many departments within the company, where you can learn about different aspects of the business.
There is great potential for new starters to establish themselves here!
Sign up for job alerts - its free
£25,000, rising to £27,000 after 6 months plus benefits plus Bonus London ASAP
£30000 to £35000 per annum plus Bonus London ASAP
£24000 to £45000 per annum plus OTE London ASAP
£30,000 plus benefits South East, London ASAP
Basic to £27,000 & OTE from £40 to 60,000 depending on experience plus benefits plus Bonus plus expenses London ASAP