Tutor - Yorkshire and Humber - Explore Learning
Could you make a difference as a tutor at Explore Learning?
Everyone remembers that person who inspired them; a teacher, a friend, a family member. Someone who changed how they saw things and helped them to see their potential. That’s exactly what our tutors do.
At Explore Learning, our mission is to develop the next generation of fearless learners. We are looking for passionate and inspiring people to make a difference to the many children that attend our education centres and online tuition sessions.
As a tutor, you will be:
- Passionate and engaging with outstanding communication skills
- A team player: collaborative, resilient and receptive
- A credible and professional role model
What will you be doing?
- Tutoring maths and English to groups of up to 6 children of mixed ages, abilities and learning needs. This will be based in our centre, with the possibility of delivering online tutoring from home.
- Tailoring your approach – supporting children to learn and progress at their own pace
- Encouraging children to overcome challenges – celebrating when they have a go and recognising their efforts
Why tutor at Explore Learning?
We’re an award-winning maths and English tuition provider, supporting 4-14 year olds after school and at the weekends in a dynamic and engaging environment. Our success is down to our incredible people that live and breathe our mission and goals.
You’ll develop and progress both personally and professionally with the support of your colleagues and our brilliant training programme.
We’ve got all the tools you need to ensure you’re providing the very best learning experience for our members; this means there’s no lesson planning or marking to factor in.
What are the role requirements?
- Due to Ofsted regulations, you must be aged 17 or over to work at Explore Learning.
- You'll need grade C / 5 or above in maths and English GCSE (or equivalent).
- You must be eligible to work in the UK without requiring sponsorship.
Unfortunately if you do not meet all of these requirements we will not be able to consider you for the tutor role.
What you need to know…
- Our tutors have a flexible contract with regular shifts available – your contract has no minimum set hours; this means you let us know in advance the hours you are available to work. The majority of our tutors work the same shifts each week.
- You'll be a registered employee of Explore Learning, which means you'll be eligible for holiday pay, sick pay and a range of other benefits.
- You'll have the opportunity for career progression via our Future Leaders Pathway.
- Our hourly rates are £5.35-£8.72 for all centres outside the M25 and £5.85-£9.22 inside M25. Holiday pay is calculated and paid to you monthly, depending on the number of hours you have worked.
- Explore Learning is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All applicants will be expected to undertake employment checks, a Disclosure & Barring Service check and provide previous employment references.
- We may fill this vacancy before the closing date if a suitable candidate is successful.
Explore Learning are a national network of education centres providing maths and English tuition to children aged 4-14, aiming to improve knowledge, confidence and enjoyment of learning.
Explore Learning Interview Reviews
13 May 2020
I went to a face-to-face interview with two directors of the learning centre that I was applying for. It started off with a tour of the facilities, which I was shown around upon...
12 December 2019
I did not have a telephone interview and I got invited to the Centre Interview. They started off with a tour of the centre and explaining the role of an AD on a daily basis. Then...
31 October 2018
I had no phone interview but went straight to a centre interview. This took the format of a tour of the centre and description of the role with the centre director. This was a...
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :tutor yorkshire humber explore
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Graduate Analyst - TPP
Account Manager - TPP - £50,000
Tutor - North West - Explore Learning
Graduate Recruitment Consultant (Award winning grad scheme!)
£22k to £35k (OTE after 3 years £70K+)
8Gravitas Recruitment Group
London, North West, Yorkshire, International, Leeds, Manchester
Graduate Wealth Management Scheme
£25000 to £30000 + Benefits
Buchanan Search Limited
Audit Intensive Graduate Programme - KPMG 2021