TUI - IT Graduate Programme - Luton
- Competitive plus benefits
- South East, Luton
- Apply by:
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
TUI UK & Ireland is the UK’s largest tour operator with key brands including First Choice and Marella Cruises. With a team of over 10 000 employees, it serves more than 6 million customers each year. Our IT Graduate Programme offers an exciting opportunity to develop your management career in the holiday travel sector.
Are you a dynamic, ambitious, high achiever with the potential to become one of our IT leaders of the future? If the answer is yes then we can’t wait to hear from you. This is an excellent opportunity to join the innovative and dynamic IT department at TUI UK & Ireland, where you will be part of one of the world’s leading leisure travel organisations. Here at TUI our graduates will develop IT, business and management skills, whilst giving exposure to key business areas throughout an industry leading organisation.
What you will be doing
We are committed to providing you with a 2 year development programme, in which you’ll be rotating across a number of roles within our IT functions including Portfolio Management, IT Security, Engineering and Service Delivery. You will play an active role within key IT teams, developing a crucial support network and gaining an in-depth understanding of how IT supports the business.
The role could support any IT related aspect of our business operations whether it’s our stores and websites (Distribution/E-commerce), the planes we fly (Airline), or our holidays (Tour Operations). Our programme provides you with a solid foundation in all aspects of IT management, ready for you to build upon as you progress in your career at TUI.
In addition to this, we offer the opportunity to go ‘back to the floor’ at several points during the programme where you may spend time in our key business and customer facing areas such as retail, e-commerce and an opportunity to experience our in-resort operations.
The programme begins with an extensive induction period with your fellow graduates across all programmes; following this you will start to build up a solid understanding of processes and systems across the function you are placed in. The programme benefits from ongoing development workshops, training opportunities, support from Buddies and Mentors and continuous development feedback. As a flavour of the development opportunities provided, previous workshops have included: Project Management, Finance for Non-Finance Managers, Emotional Intelligence, Personal Effectiveness and Communicating with Impact as well an opportunity to participate in one of our innovation “Travel Lab’s”. In addition we will provide you with the opportunity to carry out IT training and qualifications such as ITIL.
What we are looking for
• BsC degree in Computing, IT, Engineering or Maths subject - Minimum of 2:1 - achieved or expected
• Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
• An innovative & entrepreneurial mind set
• Strong leadership potential and motivated team player
• Drive & determination to achieve results
• Numerate and analytical skills
• Commercial awareness with ability to make brave decisions
• Adaptable, flexible and emotionally resilient – able to thrive under pressure in a fast paced environment
Working within TUI group
• 25 days annual leave increasing with length of service
• Generous Holiday Concessions - £500 after first year (increasing with length of service)
• TUI Travel contributory pension scheme
• Life Assurance
• Tailored Personal Development
• Excellent career prospects
• Initial induction and on-going training
• Heavily discounted travel from various travel companies, TUI Travel products and services (including friends & family discount)
• Flexible Benefits (our dedicated intranet site has a selection of childcare vouchers, discounts from retailers, season ticket loans and share incentive plans)
• Support network of past graduate buddies, line management and senior management mentoring
How to apply
For further information about the IT Graduate Scheme and how to apply please click the apply now button.
The assessment centre is likely to run in February/March 2019 in Luton. Anticipated start date September 2019.
Apply online, we just need a few details from you and your CV.
Sign up for job alerts - its free