Trainee Systems Analyst
Are you passionate about technology? Want to get the best start to your digital career?
Get fast-tracked into a ground-breaking career as a Trainee Systems Analyst working for QA supporting one of our clients BAE Systems within their Maritime Services and Naval Ships divisions.
At BAE Systems, their advanced defence technology protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. BAE Systems search for new ways to provide customers with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains.
We're looking for passionate techies - whether you've studied tech, got tech knowledge, or want to get into the industry and have learnt to code in your spare time.
We are looking for individuals to join our teams across our UK offices in London, Portsmouth, and The Isle of Wight
What's in store
- Training from seriously clever mentors Software solutions power organisations. The software you'll specialise in is high in demand but low in supply. You'll gain it with training at our 12-week talent academy. You'll also develop your business expertise so you can be a successful Tech Specialist.
- Push yourself and your career further Learning with QA doesn't stop after 12 weeks. We encourage you to continually learn and challenge yourself technically - so you can fulfil your potential
What's the job like
- As a Trainee Systems Analyst at QA, you'll empower our customers to develop and support their solutions - so they can be self-sufficient adopters of the latest technologies
- This is a hands-on role working with a wide variety of design and simulation tools. Activities will include requirements analysis, systems design, fault diagnosis, assessment of new technologies/techniques, performance studies, data analysis, and the preparation of technical reports.
- You will work on a wide range of Radar and Torpedo products, where it will be possible to gain experience of the technologies and techniques used in the design of Radars and fully autonomous fire and forget weapon systems.
- Problem solving. You can investigate problems in systems, processes, and services, with a knowledge of the level of a problem (for example, strategic, tactical, operational). You can contribute to the implementation of remedies and preventative measures.
- Systems design. You can translate logical designs into physical designs. You know how to produce detailed designs and document all work using standards, methods and tools, including prototyping tools where appropriate. You can design systems characterised by managed levels of risk, manageable business, and technical complexity and meaningful impact.
- Systems integration. You can build and test simple interfaces between systems or can work on more complex integration as part of a wider team.
- Software Development. You can design, code, test, correct and document simple programs or scripts under the direction of others.
- Our training is virtual, and you will receive a monthly bursary to help and support you during the first 5 weeks of training, after completing your initial training (5 weeks) you will be offered a permanent contract at £19,300 for the remainder of the training until deployed onto a project.
- Post training you will receive a competitive salary of £26,000 which will increase to £29,000 after 12 months.
- Industry-recognised certifications to boost your employability and promotability (if certifications apply to your specialism)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Regular social events (like technical talks and hackathons)
- Continued support to help you fulfil your potential - you'll keep advancing your technical skills throughout your career with QA
What we need from you
- A genuine passion for technology - you should demonstrate this on your CV. What have you done in your spare time, as well as your qualifications/knowledge? Have you learnt to code? Have you done any free online training? Have you built a website?
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn tonnes of new skills and new technologies
- A go-getter with a can-do attitude
- You should be eligible to be able to apply for UK Security Clearance
- Qualifications equivalent to A Level/Level 3/BTEC or above (Bachelor's or Master's Degree)
We'd certainly like…
- Any other relevant qualifications, more specifically in a technical subject
- Knowledge of one of the following programming languages (whether that's in a job, in education or in your spare time): Python, Java, C# or C++
- Basic knowledge of Linux
- We will consider applications from a non-technical background if you show aptitude, passion and enthusiasm for learning technology skills
Supercharge your digital career. Click the link and apply now.
QA values and diversity
We're an equal opportunity employer. We are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It's QA policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
QA is a leading provider of specialist software, IT and fully managed services in finance, Government and commercial markets.
QA Limited Interview Reviews
15 January 2021
20 September 2018
It was a one on one interview covering some competency questions and going over your interest in the role, and CV. You are pulled aside during the group task at any time so you...
04 September 2018
It started with phone interview, where it asked basic questions about my knowledge, education and the role, after passing the phone interview I was invited to join assessment day...
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :computing & it jobs london trainee systems analyst limited
People who applied for this job also applied for:
IT Support Graduate
£24,000 + area allowance
Cloud Developer Graduate Programme – July 2022
£24500 after training
South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Yorkshire, Nationwide
Graduate Data Management Consultant – paid to train - Nationwide
£32,000 year one salary, rising to £40,000 in your second year
Graduate Programmes - EY
South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Yorkshire, Nationwide, Republic of Ireland
Graduate Management Trainee - London
Graduate Banking Services - London