|Salary:||£20,248 + benefits|
|Location:||South East, Reading, United Kingdom|
|Sectors:||Customer Service, Management, Retail, Sales, Food & Drink & Catering|
We want to make Majestic the only place people think about when they want to buy wine. So, if you’ve got a passion for wine, customers and operational excellence, we want you to apply and start an exciting and ambitious journey to become a Majestic retail leader.
What will I be doing?
• Our job at Majestic is to help customers discover and buy wines that they will love! You’ll start your career at the heart of our business as a Trainee Manager. Put simply, you’ll spend your time -
• Delivering exceptional service to every customer, in-store and out on deliveries in our vans, so they keep coming back.
• Using your growing wine wizardry to help us dispel the belief that wine is a pompous product, bring wine to life and help our customers find and buy wines they love.
• Helping to run a smooth operation, ensuring your store is spick and span, fully stocked and a great place to shop.
• Being a team player and contributing to your store success and sales targets.
• Learning. With plenty of hands on experience and regular visits to the Support Centre, we’ll arm you with all the knowledge you need to become a future retail guru. As for wine, through training, tastings and study we’ll give you all the tools and support you need to sit the WSET Level 2, and pass with flying colours to become a fully fledged wine wizard.
Moving on up?
Show us you can do it, and after a successful 12 months and completion of your WSET 2, you’ll be well on your way to becoming an Assistant Manager. After 2-3 years you could be managing your very own store.
Is it for me?
Our Trainee Managers come from all walks of life.You could be a fresh graduate, a seasoned retail professional or looking for a total career change. But there’s a few things that they all have in common.
At Majestic we are…
• People people. A natural leader, you’re humble, more than happy to roll your sleeves up and muck in, and you enjoy working hand in hand within a close-knit team. And of course you like having fun.
• Customer champions. You live, think and breathe customer.
• Wine lovers. You certainly don’t have to be an expert, but you have a real enthusiasm for learning about wine, and sharing that with our customers and your team.
• Natural salespeople. People want to buy from you.
• Doers. You have a strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability. You make things happen.
• Determined. Retail is hard work, it suits active people. You love and crave working relentlessly hard, and do it with a sparky, gutsy, determination.
• Flexible. So you can take full advantage of the opportunities to progress by working in different stores.
• Smart. You have a degree or relevant qualification in any subject, or proven relevant work experience.
• Good drivers. You have held a full driving license (that’s valid in the UK) for at least 12 months, and are over twenty years old.
• Committed. From working busy weekends to studying for industry-recognised wine qualifications, it’s a long way from a Monday to Friday, 9 till 5 desk job.
• Passionate. We’re a customer business, a retail business, a wine business and a people business. We love all 4, and you will too.
Berkshire: We anticipate the vacancies to be in Windsor and Sunningdale to start as soon as convenient.
What you’ll get
• 29 days holiday, including public and bank holidays.
• 20% staff discount, for you and two of our family or friends, free lunch Fridays and a 16-25 Youth Railcard
• Store bonus schemes
• Industry Leading Training and WSET Qualification/s, invites to wine tasting events and educational travel opportunities
• A contributory company Pension Plan
• Free shares to share in the future success of the business
• Life Assurance (3 x salary)
APPLY: Our online application involves a written application form and a personality survey. Completing both parts should take between 45 minutes and an hour.
Closing Date 02/07/2017
£20,248 plus Bonus Scotland, Inverness ASAP
£20,248 plus Bonus South East ASAP
competitive plus benefits plus part-time plus share scheme salary review Watford, London ASAP
£23,290 to £24,663 plus Bonus London ASAP
£20,248 plus Bonus South East, Redhill, Virginia Water, Wentworth, Guildford, Dorking, Woking ASAP
£20,248 plus Bonus South West ASAP
competitive plus benefits South West, Taunton, Yeovil, Bridgwater, North Petherton ASAP
competitive plus benefits The East, Cambridge ASAP
Competitive plus benefits Nationwide 1-Jun-2018
£19,500 +Bonus plus benefits plus Bonus plus expenses plus share scheme salary review West Midlands, Birmingham ASAP
£20,500 + Bonus plus benefits plus Bonus plus expenses plus share scheme salary review South East ASAP
£24,500 plus benefits Nationwide Various
£28,000 to £30,000 plus benefits Nationwide Ongoing
£44,000 + benefits United Kingdom, Nationwide Various
£28,000 plus benefits London, Nationwide 1-Sep-2018
£28,000 to £30,000 plus benefits Nationwide Ongoing
£24,000 Nationwide ASAP
£20,000 + Commission negotiable plus benefits plus OTE plus Bonus London, Central London ASAP
Competitive London 2-Jul-2018
Competitive plus benefits South East, Milton Keynes, London, East Midlands, Leicester Various
£22,000 to £40,000 negotiable depending on experience plus benefits plus OTE plus Bonus London ASAP
£24,000 (OTE £45 to 60K) London ASAP
£23,000 to £33,000 (DOE) + benefits London ASAP