Trainee Financial Planner (Graduate) - September 2023
Overview of the Mazars Private Client (MPC) service line
The Mazars Private Client service line provides impartial, tailored financial planning, wealth management and tax advice to:
- Business Owner-Managers
- Trustees - Private and Charitable
Our unbiased approach to financial planning sets us apart from other financial planning firms. We are a leading, purely fee based, Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). We provide a full range of financial planning services, from financial health checks to advice about investments, pensions, tax planning and employee benefits.
Because we are independent, we are not reliant on commission payments from providers which means our advice is truly unbiased and tailored to clients. As a result, clients only pay for our advice, as they require it. This unbiased approach to financial planning, based solely on a client's circumstances and lifestyle objectives, sets us apart from other financial planning firms.
The role of a financial planner is to ensure clients are advised holistically in all areas of their financial affairs. The aim is to build a financial strategy to meet a client's objectives. The first step is finding out what clients really want to achieve and then trying to assist them, considering remuneration strategies or retirement income planning, advising on investments or savings strategies as well as looking at any potential risks and how these can be mitigated.
We are now operating a hybrid working model, so as a trainee you will split your time between working from home, visiting the office, client sites when required or studying for your professional exams. You may also need to travel to other Mazars regional offices for training purposes while you build your understanding of client affairs in preparation for managing your own portfolio.
During your first two years you will:
- Learn the financial planning process and how this is applied in the profession to client specific circumstances;
- Learn about the possible solutions that can assist our clients;
- Learn how to use client management software and systems in order to prepare client advice reports;
- Learn about the compliance and regulatory aspects of the profession to which you must adhere; and
- Be able to obtain relevant information from providers in order to assist us understanding a client's affairs.
- Begin providing your own solutions and ideas to client scenarios; and
- Provide greater assistance to the financial planner with providing initial ideas and solutions to clients.
For your final two years of your training you will be striving to build your skillset in order to be a financial planner at Mazars in your own right. You will be expected to take responsibility for client solutions and the delivery of these whilst ensuring that we keep to stated deadlines providing the best client service in a compliant manner.
- Interpersonal skills; the ability to build client relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility
- A curious nature; the interest and willingness to know what drives people in order to understand what they want to achieve
- Analytical skills; the ability to think critically, research and solve problems
- Willingness to exceed client expectations whilst managing different needs and having the desire to get work done
- Attention to detail and strong time-management skills along with the ability to work quickly and under pressure
- Commitment to self-development & learning
- Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity and integrity
Strong academic performance is important; however, we understand that things don't always go to plan. Our recruitment process looks at your whole self – academic achievements as well as other experiences in which you have grown and developed. We balance your academic results alongside the aptitude assessment within our recruitment process to ensure that you will be successful in your role with us.
We will fund your study towards the CII (Charted Institute of Insurance) professional qualification.
You will receive a full study package to ensure that you successfully complete your professional qualification. This includes time off to study, attend college and complete online courses. Your professional qualification is only part of the story at Mazars; we support all our trainees with a blended approach to training and development including classroom study, 1:1 coaching, and soft skills training.
You will be supported by an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track. You will also be allocated a buddy, who will support you to settle into the team and navigate your first year at Mazars.
- Annual Leave +
- Charitable Giving
- Dental Insurance
- Wellbeing Benefits
- Virtual GP
- Cycle to Work
- Gym Discounts
- Life Assurance
- Flexible Benefits +
If you are interested in a career in professional services, we can offer you an exciting head start by joining one of our trainee schemes for school or college leavers.
Mazars Interview Reviews
21 February 2018
My interview was a one on one interview with a member of their graduate recruitment team, the interview took place at their London office. The interview starts with an exercise...
19 June 2017
After completing verbal and numerical tests online, I was invited to the 1st round interview. It was with a member of graduate recruitment and it lasted around an hour where it...
06 July 2015
Firstly there is an online application form to pass. Then there are two stages to the Public Sector Internal Audit (PSIA) recruitment process which is different to the other...
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :trainee financial planner graduate september mazars
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Business & Commercial Banking Graduate Scheme
Lloyds Banking Group
South West, West Midlands, Scotland, Yorkshire, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh
NHS Finance Management Training Scheme
£26,382 rising to a minimum of £30,441+ benefits
Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA)
South East, South West, East Midlands, West Midlands
Graduate Finance Programme
East Midlands, Shirebrook
Graduate Data Management Consultant – paid to train
£34k Starting Salary
Accountancy and Finance Graduate Programme
Babcock International Group
South West, Bristol
KPMG 2023 Tax Graduate Programmes
South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Yorkshire, Nationwide