Trainee Financial Planner and Wealth Management – September 2020 – Sutton
Overview of the Service Line
Our unbiased approach to financial planning sets us apart from other financial planning firms. Mazars Financial Planning Ltd (MFP) provides impartial, tailored financial planning advice and wealth management to:
Trustees - Private and Charitable
We are a leading, purely fee based, Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). We provide a full range of financial planning services, from financial health checks to advice about investments, pensions, tax planning and employee benefits.
Because we are independent, we are not reliant on commission payments from providers which means our advice is truly unbiased and tailored to clients. As a result, clients only pay for our advice, as they require it. This unbiased approach to financial planning, based solely on a client's circumstances and lifestyle objectives, sets us apart from other financial planning firms.
The role of a financial planner is to ensure clients are advised holistically in all areas of their financial affairs. The aim being to build a financial strategy to meet a client’s objectives where possible. The first step is finding out what clients really want to achieve and then trying to assist them, considering remuneration strategies or retirement income planning, advising on investments or savings strategies as well as looking at any potential risks and how these can be mitigated.
Your time will be split with on the job training learning the industry, study for your professional exams and building your understanding of client affairs ready for managing your own portfolio.
During your first year you will:
- Learn the financial planning process and how this is applied in the industry to client specific circumstances;
- Learn about the possible solutions that can assist our clients;
- Learn how to use client management software and systems in order to prepare client advice reports;
- Learn about the compliance and regulatory aspects of the industry to which you must adhere; and
- Be able to obtain relevant information from providers in order to assist us understanding a client’s affairs.
During your second year you will:
- Be able to take ownership for delivery of client advice;
- Begin providing your own solutions and ideas to client scenarios; and
- Provide greater assistance to the financial planner with providing initial ideas and solutions to clients.
For the rest of your training you will be striving to build your skillset in order to be a financial planner at Mazars in your own right. You will be expected to take responsibility for client solutions and the delivery of these whilst ensuring that we keep to stated deadlines providing the best client service in a compliant manner.
- Interpersonal skills; the ability to build client relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility
- A curious nature; the interest and willingness to know what drives people in order to understand what they want to achieve
- Analytical skills; the ability to think critically, research and solve problems
- Willingness to exceed client expectations whilst managing different needs and having the desire to get work done
- Attention to detail and strong time-management skills along with the ability to work quickly and under pressure
- Commitment to self-development & learning
- Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity and integrity
Strong academic performance is important, so we know that you’re ready to take your professional exams. However, we understand things don’t always go to plan – so if you don’t meet our minimum requirements, please let us know if you have any exceptional achievements or extenuating circumstances which affected your results. We also consider your achievements in the context of your socio-economic background, so encourage you to submit your contextual information.
- 2.1 or above in any degree discipline
- Minimum of 112 UCAS points. This is based on the new 2017 UCAS Tariff. You can calculate your UCAS points here.
- Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
We will fund for you to study towards the Chartered Institute of Insurance Professional qualification.
You will receive a full study package to ensure that you successfully complete your professional qualification. This includes time off to study, attend college and complete online courses. Your professional qualification is only part of the story at Mazars; we support all our trainees with a blended approach to training and development including classroom study, 1:1 coaching, and soft skills training.
You will be supported by a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.
The first 6 months of the training scheme will be based in our Milton
Keynes office. This is an intensive training period with all of our
graduates from around the country. This will provide a strong technical
grounding before you return to your chosen location to
further develop your career.
CULTURE & REWARD
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION AT MAZARS
Mazars is committed to a 360 degree diversity approach, from building diverse leadership teams which reflect our clients and society, to creating an open, inclusive, culture where individual voices are heard. Our client-facing people can be required to travel regularly or may be based at client sites - our approach to agile working (see benefits) can help achieve a lifestyle balance without compromising on client service. Visit our D&I page to see the ways we are driving diversity https://www.mazarscareers.co.uk/about-mazars/diversity-inclusion.
Bespoke Benefits that work for you
We recognise that benefits are important to you and our aim at Mazars is to give you as much choice as possible and to allow you to benefit from our buying power. We offer core benefits to all employees – 25 days holiday, pension, life assurance and income protection insurance. Beyond that we want you to be able to choose benefits that you want, rather than have all benefits chosen for you.
As a Mazars employee you also have access to a range of voluntary benefits including a shopping-discount platform, discounted phone contracts, gym memberships and interest free season ticket loans.
Mazars is an international, integrated and independent firm, specialising in audit, accountancy, advisory and tax services. Being part of the Mazars team means being part of something big! Operating in 89 countries around the world, the opportunities to build and develop your career are infinite. Whether that’s gaining exposure to different types of clients, learning new skills or exploring international opportunities. We open doors that make Your Years at Mazars, Years That Count.
In the UK, Mazars has approximately 140 partners and over 1,700 employees serving clients from 17 offices and is ranked one of the top 10 firms nationally. Globally we draw on the expertise of 40,000 professionals – 24,000 in the Mazars integrated partnership and 16,000 via the Mazars North America Alliance - to assist clients at every stage in their development.
Click below to apply today
If you are interested in a career in professional services, we can offer you an exciting head start by joining one of our trainee schemes for school or college leavers.
Mazars Interview Reviews
21 February 2018
My interview was a one on one interview with a member of their graduate recruitment team, the interview took place at their London office. The interview starts with an exercise...
19 June 2017
After completing verbal and numerical tests online, I was invited to the 1st round interview. It was with a member of graduate recruitment and it lasted around an hour where it...
06 July 2015
Firstly there is an online application form to pass. Then there are two stages to the Public Sector Internal Audit (PSIA) recruitment process which is different to the other...