|Salary:||Competitive + benefits|
|Location:||South West, Warminster|
|Sectors:||Secretarial & Business Admin, Food & Drink & Catering, Buying & Merchandising,|
Gleadell Agriculture is the UK’s leading independent agricultural merchant owned by strong, financially secure shareholders ADM and InVivo. A significant exporter of grains, oilseed and pulses to international markets and a supplier to domestic millers, maltsters and feed compounders. Gleadell has five offices throughout the UK and provides a people-based, quality service to consumers and farmers, offering a wide range of grain marketing tools and the sale of seed, fertiliser and services.
Trainee Farm Trader – Warminster
Gleadell is continuing to expand its on-farm presence throughout the UK working with its dedicated and professional Farm Trading team. Farm Trading is an interesting, fast paced role that requires drive and ambition to succeed in building strong, long-term relationships.
Purpose of the role
Following training, the Trainee Farm Trader is responsible for purchasing combinable crops and selling seed and fertiliser products, along with promoting Gleadell’s quality technical services to farmers. Working as part of an established team the Trainee Farm Trader will focus on managing and supporting existing accounts along with procuring business with new accounts.
• Driven and enthusiastic about forging a successful career
• Ability to engage, inspire and influence at all levels
• Strong motivation to work for a leading agricultural business
• Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft and general IT systems
• High level of learning agility
• Desire to work on own initiative, being able to make decisions and manage
• Workload and time effectively
• Target driven
• Ongoing product and skills training will be provided to meet the requirements of the role. Gleadell are a strong believer in investing in our people and support continued professional development within the company.
• To achieve BASIS Seed Sellers and FACTS qualifications within two years.
Benefits: An excellent benefits package is offered alongside an industry leading salary.
Please submit a covering letter and CV via the apply now button
Competitive depending on experience North West, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Manchester, Republic of Ireland Various
Competitive plus benefits London ASAP
competitive plus benefits South West, Trowbridge, Chippenham, Salisbury ASAP
£21,653 p.a. plus benefits plus Bonus East Midlands ASAP
£23,000 to £35,000 OTE plus benefits International (Europe), International Ongoing