Trainee Accountant - Hull - arco
- £18,000 to £22,000 depending on experience + benefits + bonus
- Yorkshire, Hull
- 1st April 2020
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
Arco is the UK’s leading Health and Safety Specialist. A family owned company with revenues over £280m, Arco provide the UK’s best companies with market leading health and safety products and services.
Arco are at a truly exciting time in their history and are investing in every aspect of their business to significantly grow sales, become a great place to work and to take a Digital First proposition to market.
We are currently recruiting for an Trainee Accountant, reporting into the Group Financial Controller, this position will provide timely and accurate monthly and quarterly management information to stakeholders in the business.
About the Role:
This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to develop their Accounting career.
The Trainee Accountant will join the Group Finance team and be responsible for transactional accounting across all trading entities within the Group. Working closely with qualified accountants in the team, the successful candidate will work on a formal development plan and will eventually develop into a qualified accountant on completion of formal studies.
We are looking for a recent Graduate or part qualified, talented and high potential candidate who wants to work towards becoming a future finance leader within the business.
Responsible for timely and accurate management information and for identifying areas of efficiencies within current processes.
Responsible for providing initial analysis of results to stakeholders and any follow up investigations of unusual trends or any misallocations.
Act as a point of contact within the Finance department for queries from the business and act as the link between Group Finance and Finance Shared Services for technical queries.
Responsible for certain areas of the balance sheet and ensuring these are in control, performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations and investigating any reconciling items.
Maintain process documentation.
Responsible for the production of VAT returns and completion of corporation tax packs, ensuring accuracy and investigating unusual balances.
The successful Trainee Accountant must have the following skills and experience:
• Graduate and or part-qualified accountant will to work towards and complete a recognised accounting qualification
• A good understanding of Microsoft Office applications, in particular Word, Outlook and Excel
• Sound accounting system knowledge with use of SAP/Business Objectives an advantage
• Good communications, team working skills and attention detail.
• This is a full time position working 37.5hours per week, Internal Grading - Grade 8.
Our comprehensive benefits include:
• excellent pension and life assurance scheme
• bonus scheme
• a bike scheme, through our network of dealers
• health purchase plan
• 24 days’ annual leave + holiday purchase scheme
• Community Volunteering days – two days’ paid leave annually to volunteer for a project or charity that means the most to you.
Sign up for job alerts - its free