Trainee Accountant Graduate - September 2020 Sutton (Surrey)
- competitive + benefits
- South East, Sutton
- 1st July 2020
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
Overview of the Service Line
Our Accounting and Outsourcing team works to support our clients to better run their finance functions, understand their financial position and performance, and to ensure they are compliant with changing accounting and tax legislation. With the relentless pace of technology change you will need to be able to advise clients in areas such as process and digitalisation, business performance and financial reporting, while building enduring relationships that positions Mazars as a trusted adviser. Our successful team of more than 250 professionals is growing across all areas including cloud accounting, payroll, financial reporting and company secretarial.
The role of an accountant is to ensure accurate and timely preparation
of statutory financial statements and tax compliance for a range of UK
and international clients. You will be the point of contact for your
portfolio of clients, providing high quality advice on their year-end
compliance process and work with other teams to deliver an excellent
During your first year you will:
• Learn how to use accounting software and systems in order to prepare financial statements for clients’ year end requirements;
• Develop an understanding of financial statements and the nature of the clients’ business;
• Co-ordinate with tax, payroll and audit hub to deliver client information as a whole; and
• IXBRL tagging.
During your second year you will:
• Manage your own client portfolio;
• Self-review your own-work, ensuring minimal review points are raised by managers;
• Have confident knowledge of accounting standards which you apply to a given set of year end financials; and
• Carry out the tax computation for simpler clients.
In your final year you will be expected to be able to take
responsibility for the junior members of your team. You will train them
and review their work.
• Interpersonal skills; the ability to build client relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility.
• Analytical skills; the ability to think critically, research and solve problems.
• Attention to detail and strong time-management skills.
• Commitment to self-development & learning.
• Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity and integrity.
Strong academic performance is important so we know that you’re ready to take your professional exams. However, we understand things don’t always go to plan – so if you don’t meet our minimum requirements, please let us know if you have any exceptional achievements or extenuating circumstances which affected your results. We also consider your achievements in the context of your socio-economic background, so encourage you to submit your contextual information.
· 2.1 or above in any degree discipline
· Minimum of 112 UCAS points. This is based on the new 2017 UCAS Tariff. You can calculate your UCAS points here.
· Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
We will fund for you to study towards the ACCA qualification.
You will receive a full study package to ensure that you successfully complete your professional qualification. This includes time off to study, attend college and complete online courses. Your professional qualification is only part of the story at Mazars; we support all of our trainees with a blended approach to training and development including classroom study, 1:1 coaching, and soft skills training.
You will be supported by a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.
If you are interested in a career in professional services, we can offer you an exciting head start by joining one of our trainee schemes for school or college leavers.
Mazars Interview Reviews
21 February 2018
My interview was a one on one interview with a member of their graduate recruitment team, the interview took place at their London office. The interview starts with an exercise...
19 June 2017
After completing verbal and numerical tests online, I was invited to the 1st round interview. It was with a member of graduate recruitment and it lasted around an hour where it...
06 July 2015
Firstly there is an online application form to pass. Then there are two stages to the Public Sector Internal Audit (PSIA) recruitment process which is different to the other...
Sign up for job alerts - its free