Trainee Accountant Graduate (Privately-Owned Business) - September 2023
Overview of the Accounting & Outsourcing service line
Our Accounting and Outsourcing team works to support our clients to better run their finance functions, understand their financial position and performance, and to ensure they are compliant with changing accounting and tax legislation. With the relentless pace of technology change you will be trained to advise clients in areas such as process and digitalisation, business performance and financial reporting, while building enduring relationships that positions Mazars as a trusted adviser. Our successful team of more than 250 professionals is growing across all areas including cloud accounting, payroll, financial reporting and company secretarial.
An introduction to our Privately-Owned Business team:
Privately-Owned Business are a significant proportion of our client base, not just in the UK, but globally.
The Privately-Owned Business team's client base covers:
- Any privately-owned business/group by an individual(s) family, board of directors, private equity or venture capital backed with revenue between £1m - £150m
- Unregulated asset managers/owners privately owned with assets under management/ownership under £1bn
The role of an Associate Client Advisor is to ensure accurate and timely preparation of management accounts including VAT compliance for a range of UK and international clients. You will be the point of contact for your portfolio of clients, providing high quality advice on their management accounts process and work with other teams to deliver an excellent client experience.
We are now operating a hybrid working model, so as a trainee you will split your time between working from home, visiting the office, client sites when required or studying for your professional exams.
During your first year you will:
- Gain a solid understanding of how integral the finance team is to any business and the value of delivering quality and reliable financial information to stakeholders.
- Understand the core concepts of bookkeeping and the foundations of accounts preparation.
- Work closely with your peers to gain a working knowledge on the cloud accounting software used to service our clients needs and become competent using this technology independently.
- Build your own client portfolio to which you are the main point of contact for all transactional matters and develop good working relationship with your clients.
- Get involved – it may be daunting taking the first steps in your professional career however we have lots of societies and events for you to participate in and meet new colleagues.
During your second year you will:
- Continue to build on the core knowledge gained in your first year by taking on more complex transactional work and begin to learn the principles of management accounting.
- Work closely with the senior members of the team to develop and learn the skills that are required to prepare a set of accounts.
- Become more confident delivering financial information to your clients and be their key contact.
- Self-review your own-work, ensuring minimal review points are raised by managers.
- Become a buddy to our new first year graduates and ensure they have the required support.
In your final year you will;
- Be expected to take responsibility for the junior members of the team team, including training them and managing their workload.
- Have the ability to take on complex management accounts preparation and work on this independently.
- Build and grow your external network with fellow professionals to promote the firm.
- Support management with resource planning and maintaining client relationships.
- Interpersonal skills; the ability to build client relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility.
- Analytical skills; the ability to think critically, research and solve problems.
- Attention to detail and strong time-management skills.
- Commitment to self-development & learning.
- Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity and integrity.
Strong academic performance is important; however, we understand that things don't always go to plan. Our recruitment process looks at your whole self – academic achievements as well as other experiences in which you have grown and developed. We balance your academic results alongside the aptitude assessment within our recruitment process to ensure that you will be successful in your role with us.
We will fund your study towards the ACCA qualification.
You will receive a full study package to ensure that you successfully complete your professional qualification. This includes time off to study, attend college and complete online courses. Your professional qualification is only part of the story at Mazars; we support all our trainees with a blended approach to training and development including classroom study, 1:1 coaching, and soft skills training.
You will be supported by an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track. You will also be allocated a buddy, who will support you to settle into the team and navigate your first year at Mazars.
- Annual Leave +
- Charitable Giving
- Dental Insurance
- Wellbeing Benefits
- Virtual GP
- Cycle to Work
- Gym Discounts
- Life Assurance
- Flexible Benefits +
If you are interested in a career in professional services, we can offer you an exciting head start by joining one of our trainee schemes for school or college leavers.
Mazars Interview Reviews
21 February 2018
My interview was a one on one interview with a member of their graduate recruitment team, the interview took place at their London office. The interview starts with an exercise...
19 June 2017
After completing verbal and numerical tests online, I was invited to the 1st round interview. It was with a member of graduate recruitment and it lasted around an hour where it...
06 July 2015
Firstly there is an online application form to pass. Then there are two stages to the Public Sector Internal Audit (PSIA) recruitment process which is different to the other...
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :trainee accountant graduate privately business september mazars
People who applied for this job also applied for:
NHS Finance Management Training Scheme
£26,382 rising to a minimum of £30,441+ benefits
Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA)
South East, South West, East Midlands, West Midlands
Data Science Graduate Scheme
Lloyds Banking Group
South West, Wales, Scotland, Yorkshire, Bristol, Cardiff, Edinburgh
Trainee Financial Planner (Graduate) - September 2023
South East, Milton Keynes
Audit Industrial Placement (Industry & Services) - September 2023
South East, Milton Keynes
Accountancy and Finance Graduate Programme
10Babcock International Group
South West, Bristol
KPMG 2023 Actuarial Graduate Programme
South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Yorkshire, Nationwide